Author Topic: parry/roberts LLanelian yn Rhos  (Read 1753 times)

Offline aled23

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
parry/roberts LLanelian yn Rhos
« on: Saturday 17 May 14 14:06 BST (UK) »
Hi

Looking for any info re the parents of Edward PARRY bc 1740 and who died 1792 and of Ty Newydd LLanelian,trying to link him maybe to the Owen ROBERTS of Ty Newydd, who's will dated 1729 names a son Henry Roberts, could this be Edwards father? I have all the info on EP wife etc so if anyone needs help on that particular side just ask..I just need help with this line!!

In a will by Thomas Williams 1753, he names Edward Parry as his brother along with Foulk William, TW and FW being the sons of William HUMPHREY and Alice FOULKES, William died 1739, so educated guess is that Alice remarried and had Edward Parry c 1739-1744 !

thank you
regards
Aled

Offline Jason46

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: parry/roberts LLanelian yn Rhos
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 01:01 BST (UK) »
Hi I am also interested in Parry Roberts from Denbighshire. Here is a short biop.  Thomas Roberts a tailor born in Wales in 1811, married Caroline Foster (born 1807, Liverpool) on 21 July 1830, in Liverpool, They had 2 children Thomas (jr) bapt 8 May 1831, Liverpool, and Elizabeth, born 3 February 1834. Caroline died in December, 1835, and Thomas jr was found on the 1851 census living with his uncle and aunt, William and Jane Parry, in Toxteth. Jane Parry’s maiden name was Roberts and because jr was her nephew, we assume that Thomas sr and her were siblings. She was born in Denbighshire in 1806. Elizabeth married in Victoria, Australia in 1855 at 21, and she died in 1903 and her death Cert states that she had been 50 years in Victoria. Elizabeth’s arrival in Victoria is a mystery and neither Elizabeth nor her father can be found on the censuses for 1841 or 1851. Let's share info.
Carpenter - Devon and Australia
Flett - Orkneys
Morrell - Antrim, France, Switzerland and Ballarat
Wilcher - Bermondsey and Birmingham
Roberts - Liverpool
Price - Monmouthshire
Smith - Orkneys
Barnsley - Cumberland
Discombe - Devon
Brewer - Devon
Torrington - Devon

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 09:29 BST (UK) »
Hi I am also interested in Parry Roberts from Denbighshire. Here is a short biop.  Thomas Roberts a tailor born in Wales in 1811, married Caroline Foster (born 1807, Liverpool) on 21 July 1830, in Liverpool, They had 2 children Thomas (jr) bapt 8 May 1831, Liverpool, and Elizabeth, born 3 February 1834. Caroline died in December, 1835, and Thomas jr was found on the 1851 census living with his uncle and aunt, William and Jane Parry, in Toxteth. Jane Parry’s maiden name was Roberts and because jr was her nephew, we assume that Thomas sr and her were siblings. She was born in Denbighshire in 1806. Elizabeth married in Victoria, Australia in 1855 at 21, and she died in 1903 and her death Cert states that she had been 50 years in Victoria. Elizabeth’s arrival in Victoria is a mystery and neither Elizabeth nor her father can be found on the censuses for 1841 or 1851. Let's share info.

Your assuming an awful lot in thinking that your Parry/Roberts connection are related to Aled's.There were many different Parry and Roberts families from Denbighshire.I have a few in my Tree!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jason46

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 October 14 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Thanks for the reply. I think that there may be a connection; 2 linked surnames and a common region and hopefully a connection will be made. I have had past success chasing up similar bits of information. Good luck with your queries
Carpenter - Devon and Australia
Flett - Orkneys
Morrell - Antrim, France, Switzerland and Ballarat
Wilcher - Bermondsey and Birmingham
Roberts - Liverpool
Price - Monmouthshire
Smith - Orkneys
Barnsley - Cumberland
Discombe - Devon
Brewer - Devon
Torrington - Devon