Author Topic: Stanton Drew school  (Read 3086 times)

Offline pigmyhippo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stanton Drew school
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 18:15 BST (UK) »
Hello there,

I am also trying to trace information about the WITHERS family of Somerset and know that they came from the East Quantoxhead, Kilve area of Somerset and then some of the family moved to St Decumans and Stanton Drew. Can you get in touch pleas

Offline Woodentop50

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scan your photos at 300to600 ppi..........or else
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 18 July 07 20:00 BST (UK) »
They look like a load of extras from the film The railway children.   :)

Jim
WOOD in  Hunslet  area of Leeds , West Yorkshire
WOOD in Knottingley , West Yorkshire

Scan your photos at 300 to 600 ppi for best results

Offline pigmyhippo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 04 December 13 18:30 GMT (UK) »
Could anybody point out which child is Withers, Cox & cleverley. I have postcards etc with these names on them.
Sue Withers

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 04 December 13 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Lovely photo.

My version for you.

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline EDWARDO

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 04 December 13 19:15 GMT (UK) »
The poor girl with the strawhat on(second row)looks as if she has a real shiner. ::)edd

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 05 December 13 10:57 GMT (UK) »
Couple of late colour versions  :)
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline Niksmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Bermuda 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 05 December 13 12:37 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if you could clean up this picture for me.  It is Stanton Drew School about 1895.  My grandmother is the girl on the right with the long hair.

This post was from 2006  :o :o :o :o :o and annieRN hasn't posted on Roots since January 2011

Irene
Buckinghamshire-Babbs<br />Somerset-Smith<br />Woolwich-Elliott<br />London-Elliott, Hare,Baker

Restorers please do NOT use any restores done by me without my permission

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 05 December 13 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Irene,

I must have had a Senior Moment by not looking at the date of the post.  Didn't notice that Sue had reactivated it.  Thanks for letting me know though.  After 4 hours on it, I think that I may contact the School Website and offer them the colour copy.   :(

Steve

Offline Niksmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Bermuda 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 05 December 13 13:46 GMT (UK) »
Oh Steve lets hope annieRN gets an e mail notification and sees the lovely work you have done.  :)

As for "senior moments"  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) tell me about it . I have at least 3 a day  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Irene
Buckinghamshire-Babbs<br />Somerset-Smith<br />Woolwich-Elliott<br />London-Elliott, Hare,Baker

Restorers please do NOT use any restores done by me without my permission