Author Topic: Robert D Walls ( Father) Archibald Walls (son)  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Hyjean

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert D Walls ( Father) Archibald Walls (son)
« on: Thursday 17 July 14 15:37 BST (UK) »
 :) My understanding is that Robert D Walls was born in 1800 more than likely in Glasgow.
He died aged 63 in 1863 possibly in Australia -Victoria.

His son was Archibald Walls who was born in Glasgow .

This is a bit of a long bow with so few details but can anyone help me with any information as to occupation, any dates, wife, place, any further children.

Cheers, Hyjean

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Robert D Walls ( Father) Archibald Walls (son)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 July 14 17:01 BST (UK) »
Do you know when he went to Australia?

There is only one Archibald Walls with father Robert in the International Genealogical Index; born 1850 in Glasgow, which seems a bit late to be your Robert.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 July 14 17:17 BST (UK) »
You can find out more about the Archibald Walls born in 1850 on scotlandspeople.gov.uk
His mother was Jane Hutcheson. Does she ring any bells?
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 July 14 19:43 BST (UK) »
Hi are you sure of the birth date for Robert as Forfarian & Craclyn said Archibald Walls born Glasgow 1850 ..the father of this Archibald was Robert Walls born 1825 St Ninians Stirling occupation blacksmith journeyman wife Jane b 1827 Stirling living at 1,Stewart Street Barony

This family left Liverpool and arrived Melbourne 13/6/1854 aboard the ship Admiral Boxer with another edition to the family Elizabeth..

What do you know about Archibald is this his death 1939 in Victoria  :)

Offline Hyjean

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 July 14 01:30 BST (UK) »
 :D Many thanks for your information Forefarian, Craclyn and Rosie 17.
The Robert born 1825 fits the bill. (It is possible the other Robert is his father or maybe no relation.)
Getting the name of ship etc was fantastic.
This has been very useful  and very much appreciated.

Cheers, Hyjean

Offline DunollyLeeton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 25 November 20 01:17 GMT (UK) »
Dear Hyjean,

Your post was in 2014, and now it's 2020, so I'm a bit late. Only recently started searching family ancestry.
But Robert Walls and Jane Hutcheson were my great-great grandparents on my mother's side. Their daughter, Elizabeth Boyd Walls married William Hamilton in Dunolly, Victoria, Australia on 6/10/1874.
Their son, Norman William Scott Hamilton was my grandfather. My mother was Jean Scott Hamilton, so the Scottish names were kept.
Just thought you'd like to know what happened after the Walls arrived in Australia.
Cheers,
DunollyLeeton

Offline Simurfie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 17 January 21 01:26 GMT (UK) »
I can help! Archibald Walls and his father Robert who came to Melbourne Australia. I am Archibald's great great granddaughter. I have all the info on Roberts children, grandchildren and so on!

Offline Simurfie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 17 January 21 01:47 GMT (UK) »
Robert Walls came to Australia in 1854 onboard the Admiral Boxer. His son Archibald was 3 and that's my family line. Archibald married Sarah Robinson and they had 3 children Robert, Norman and Vera. Robert married Annie Milley and they had 4 children Lorna, Harold, Elva and Lois. Lois was my great grandmother. Lois married Henry Poulter and they had one daughter Barbara. Barbara married Brian de Longville and they had 3 sons.
 Feel free to email me at (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail and living removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline DunollyLeeton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 26 April 22 06:21 BST (UK) »
Dear Simurfie,
Sorry, a year later from your last post. Yes, I would be very interested in any info you have on Robert Walls and descendants. I found on Trove the newspaper obituaries for his wife, Jane Hutcheson. Seems she was a very pious person. But I would be interested in finding out more.
Thanks,
Dunolly Leeton