Author Topic: George Green - 1845-1930  (Read 4712 times)

Offline effie13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Green - 1845-1930
« on: Thursday 20 October 11 05:29 BST (UK) »
Would it be possible for someone to lookup or check the headstones at the church yard in Morcott - not sure if the church is St. Mary's but my gt grandfather died in Stamford but lived in Morcott in 1911 Census and may have been buried there.  The only information that I have is that he died February 23, 1930 and was buried at 83 Cemetery Road ??? don't quite know where this is.  Perhaps it is in Stamford.  Thank you for your help. 

Offline cath151

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: George Green - 1845-1930
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 October 11 14:20 BST (UK) »
Hi,
If you google Cemetery Road, Stamford there is a result saying that Cemetery Road became Radcliffe Road and there appears to be a Cemetery at the junction of Radcliffe Road and Little Casterton road which might fit the bill.
Not sure but it appears to be Stamford Cemetery, I m sure if you rang the appropriate number for Cemeteries someone would be able to help pinpoint George's grave and probably give you a plot number etc which would be easier to search for, especially if its a large cemetery. They are usually very helpful.
Best wishes,
Cathy
Sinnock/Sinnicks...Brighton,Greenwich.
Clements,Coles,Mc Donagh,Rock

Census InformationCrown Copyright from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline effie13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 October 11 15:49 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your prompt reply .... I will see what I have to do ... unfortunately, I live in Canada ... so will have to send some emails. 

Offline cath151

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 October 11 16:12 BST (UK) »
Hi again,
 Do you have a date of death or burial? I can give them a ring if you like, might be able to get a picture if we can find his grave as Stamford is not too far away.
Cathy
Added... durrr just seen your origional post with date of death... just ignore me  lol :)
Sinnock/Sinnicks...Brighton,Greenwich.
Clements,Coles,Mc Donagh,Rock

Census InformationCrown Copyright from www.national archives.gov.uk