Author Topic: Rev. George Turner SEYMOUR (Tyntesfield)  (Read 35573 times)

Offline tyntes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rev. George Turner SEYMOUR (Tyntesfield)
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 19 September 10 23:46 BST (UK) »

Yes he's the man, I have ordered a copy of the will.
Thanks for the info.

Terry

Offline Whitley101

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 12:01 BST (UK) »
I am new to Roots and  have just picked up your posts about Belmont and Tyntesfield. Thought you might like to know that Belmont has just gone on the market with apx 220 acres with a price guide of £3,200,000.   All the best with the book.

Offline Whitley101

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 16:16 BST (UK) »
The attached link  to North Somerset Council may be of interest - it is the 2003 Interim architectural report for Belmont. Sorry if I am sending you info you already have.

wam.n-somerset.gov.uk/.../Application%20Support%20Info-1764602.pdf?...

Offline seymour14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 03 January 11 08:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks everyone for your messages, I have had major problems with my computer now for some months, and have only just got to read everyones comments. The book is now 450 pages on, so I have not been mucking about. Still hopeful to find some more of the early history of Tyntesfield, but doing this from New Zealand makes it a hard proposition.
  :) Keep up the good work, and Happy New Year to all!

Offline seymour14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 22 April 11 03:38 BST (UK) »
Hi folks, the book on the Seymour's who once owned Tyntesfield is 99% done. I have two last problems. When I lost my computer a while ago, all my email links went with it, now I have no way of tracing down Lawrence Sherwin, who helped me with the family tree, if you see this, please contact me. Second problem is tracking down James Miller, the author of 'Fertile Fortune', the story of Tyntesfield, I need to ask him a couple of questions, and all my attempts at finding his email address have come up short.
 Thanks for any help with this one, if I come up with some sort of funding, the book will be out this year, if not, it may end up a family history book with only a handful of copies made. I am working on this one, but times are tough!
 Anyone with any remaining 'shock' stories of the Seymour's of Tyntesfield, Farringford or the New Zealand connection, it is not too late!!
All the best and Happy Easter to all. :)

Offline seymour14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 26 February 12 00:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello from New Zealand again, have finished my 600 page book on the Seymour's of Tyntesfield (and all their other lovely homes, of which there are a dozen or more). Here's a little brain teaser for you with the picture I have added, it is out of the Seymour's solid silver photo album, but where and what is the name of this little gem? Is it from around Wraxall, or the Isle of Wight, or Clifton House from nearby Bristol (not Clifton Hill house obviously)? I am chaffing at the bit to find out whether it still exists or not, but from New Zealand I can not do a proper hunt for this one, so am hoping someone from Somerset will be able to help.
 Am unable to print my book until I do some fundraising, but will do a speech on the book here in New Zealand in a couple of months and that should set people's interest alight. There are some really neat stories among them.

Offline archangelagent

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 06 May 12 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am a Seymour relation on the Herbert Cam side of things. He was my great great? Grandfather. I would be really interested in seeing the book. As would everyone in our family. This also means that you and I must be related! Can you tell me any information about Catherine Seymour who drowned in a river please? Really interested to hear from you.

Offline seymour14

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 06 May 12 20:27 BST (UK) »
Good morning fellow relative, you have excellent timing! My book is just getting the hardback put on it as we speak, I am very excited, it is the end of 5 years of intense detective work. Yes poor Catherine died in a river adjoining Tyntesfield (Marlborough), her two sisters were lucky to be thrown clear when the jig overturned, poor Catherine was dragged out by a neighbouring farmer. I have a photo of her, you might not have known that she was due to be wed only a month later, so very tragic. There is a page in the book that tells the whole story of the accident.

I have photos of most of the family, including invalid Jane (Herberts daughter), lovely pictures of one of the daughters wedding, pictures of Herbert and his wife Jessie. Also letters written by Herbert in the 1850's! So all very good stuff! I am not sure how we can meet offline, I think there is a method that you can send a private message to my rootschat individual page, then it would make things easier to talk. I only have 80 books, they are 600 pages long with larger then normal words (easier reading), about 100+ photographs, hardback (stiched and glued). I have gone all out to make this a superb quality book on our family history. Price is at cost for me, was never about making money, is dedicated to the memory of my own son, so nice to see it almost done now.

Offline archangelagent

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 06 May 12 22:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you for such a prompt reply! Amazing! I have tried the messaging system and it doesn't seem to be working. Can I suggest leaving me a message on my blog. The address is *  As it is public, surely the moderators cannot object. Looking forward to hearing from you and getting to know you.
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php