Author Topic: JOHN ELLIS JONES (ELIDIRFAB)  (Read 10609 times)

Offline helen142

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN ELLIS JONES (ELIDIRFAB)
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 May 14 17:23 BST (UK) »
You are welcome to have a copy of Griff Ellis' obituary and that of his father. However they are both on A3 and too big for me to scan. However I could post copies on to you if you are happy with that?
We went to Llanberis church Cemetery last week and found most of the monuments ( they were near the entrance and we could not have missed them!) however we did not think of going into the church. Thank you for the photo.

We are struggling still to confirm that our John Ellis ( 1809- 1887) is a brother to Ann - Griff Ellis' wife but an essay we have ( written years ago by an aunt) gives us the story and the names of the 7children etc. Robert Ellis of Bryniau( a son of the John Ellis) attended one of the funerals.
 Are you of Griff Ellis' family or of Ann Ellis his wife?

Helen

Offline Huwcyn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 May 14 17:23 BST (UK) »
I think there is a marriage for John Ellis and Benneth Jones in Henllan, Denbighshire, of all places. It took place on 13/10/1838. She is named as Benneath Jones/Griffiths, daughter of John Griffiths, and he is named as John Ellis/Jones, son of Ellis Jones. An Ellis (Ellis), son of John Ellis and Gaynor, was baptised at Llanberis on 08/09/1816. I wonder if the elder John Ellis might have been a son of Ellis Griffith, the ancestor of Griffith Ellis ? I can find six baptisms for children of Ellis Griffith and Elizabeth Closs between 1783 and 1799, but none between 1788 and 1797. There seems to be a baptism for another son of John Ellis and gaynor in 1819, that of another son David.
Owen , Parry , Pritchard, Foulkes  o Llanddeiniolen
Jones, Bellis o Sir Fflint
Williams o Beaumaris
Chambers o Dulyn
Rowlands o Tywyn

Offline beetle21h

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 15 May 14 17:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Helen,
I'd love to have a copy of the obituary and would be very grateful if you could send this through the post. If you can email me on j.ellis.ellis@btinternet.com I will furnish you with my address.
If you would like to gain access into the Church in the future, I can arrange this as I know the key holder.
I am descended from John Ellis (Jones) [Elidirfab] who I'm led to believe was the nephew of Griffith Ellis Senior.
I'll look forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards,
John