Author Topic: Robert James Walker Gateshead circa 1929  (Read 3567 times)

Offline Nairda

• RootsChat Extra
  • its not the critic who counts
    • View Profile
Re: Robert James Walker Gateshead circa 1929
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 19 July 14 22:08 BST (UK) »
No, I've just made the link to Gateshead.   In the meantime during this post I have a possible death link to a Robert J Walker in the first quarter of 1957 aged 65 yrs, which would equate to his birth date of 1892.  Registered in district "Newcastle T". What does that T mean.
Walker family Tullylish, Co Down and Terryhoogan. Co Armagh.  Conolly family Tullylish.  Bell family Rathfriland, Co Down

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 19 July 14 22:11 BST (UK) »
Newcastle T is Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 19 July 14 22:17 BST (UK) »
That death is for Robert James Walker of 25 Craigside Gardens, Lobley Hill Gateshead, died 2 June 1957, The Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, Alice Lucy Walker (widow).

Could be your man  :)

JJ

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 19 July 14 22:21 BST (UK) »
If he lived in Gateshead but the death was registered in Newcastle then it is very likely that he died in hospital.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Nairda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 20 July 14 00:12 BST (UK) »
It would seem the connection to Alice Lucy Walker would confirm this is my grand uncle.  A check of the Ulster Convenant signed on 28/09/1912 has R J Walker signature.  Significantly on the female declaration there is a signature of Alice Lucy Walker.  I could never find any previous link to her to my family.  It would seem R J was married before the Great War and certainly prior to Sept 1912.  I appreciate the links so far.  I would also appreciate any further info or links anyone could provide.  Thanks
Walker family Tullylish, Co Down and Terryhoogan. Co Armagh.  Conolly family Tullylish.  Bell family Rathfriland, Co Down

Offline JJen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 20 July 14 09:40 BST (UK) »
Good to hear that you have found the connection between Alice Lucy and your great uncle Robert James Walker.

By my calculations it would appear that they married between 2 April 2011 and 28 September 1912.

There is a marriage of a Robert J Walker Sep 1912 to Alice Alvey -
Nottingham 7b 661.

Pity it's not a marriage in Gateshead and that Alice is not Alice L, however I would be very tempted to purchase the marriage cert to see if it's the correct Robert.

JJ

Offline Nairda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 20 July 14 10:06 BST (UK) »
Yes that could be them.  Followed by a visit home to show of his new wife to his family in Terryhoogan, Scarva on the 28/09/1912.

Offline Nairda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 04 February 24 01:35 GMT (UK) »
I have a great uncle who is noted in the Jun 1921 Census of England & Wales residing at 82 School Terrace, Gateshead

Robert James Walker 29 yrs 4 months, Police Constable, Gateshead Council, Alice Lucy Walker 29yrs, 1892 born Gloucestershire.

Is there any research source/records available for Gateshead Police for 1920-1939.  He is listed later in the 1939 Register as an electric tram driver.

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 04 February 24 12:42 GMT (UK) »
Gateshead electoral register
I had a quick look and so far can see a Robert James Walker and Alice Lucy Walker at 86 Rectory Road
in 1928, there was also a Patrick Lennon at the same address

Robert James and Alice Lucy were still listed there in 1931, two other people at that address  John Kenny and Margaret Kenny

I have no idea if the other folk listed were lodgers or if it was a house split into more than one area of occupation/rental

Those are the latest two registers I currently have access to.

Boo