Author Topic: John McIntosh married to Jessie Rose  (Read 13706 times)

Offline tomargwen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
John McIntosh married to Jessie Rose
« on: Friday 31 December 04 03:00 GMT (UK) »
John and Jessie were married at Cawdor on 2nd September 1853 - I believe that John was born approximately 1829 and Jessie approximately 1835 and I am looking to find details of their parents.
I would be grateful for any information anyone can give me.

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John McIntosh married to Jessie Rose
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 December 04 04:22 GMT (UK) »
From the IGI
Birth:  02 SEP 1828   
Christening:  20 SEP 1828   Nairn, Nairn, Scotland
 Father:  JAMES MACKINTOSH   
  Mother:  MARGARET ROSS

Couldn't find Jessie in Nairn, but there was a christening Jessie Ross (LDS consider may be same as Rose) Dec 1834 at Urray, ROC which is about 21 miles from Cawdor.  They could be cousins? but you would need further verification. If you checked the LDS film of the marriage, the name may be easily identified.
Of interest may be a submitted IGI record of the marriage in Edinkillie, Moray, Scotland
(26 miles from Cawdor) which may indicate that another researcher thought this was the area of Jesse's birth.

Trish

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tomargwen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 31 December 04 23:43 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Trish for the information I am really grateful to you.
I have also seen the Edinkillie marriage and wondered about it. I will just have to keep looking for details of Jessie and check whether the one you found is the one.
Thanks again.

Gwen

Offline tomargwen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 16 January 05 04:41 GMT (UK) »
I have now found that Jessie's parents were John Rose and Margaret McKay. I am however still looking for details on John's parents - if anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Offline wimmera

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 16 January 05 23:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello Gwen,

I have found a John McIntosh who died at Bungaree in 1905 and his parent are named as Alexander McIntosh and Jane McKenzie.
Hope this is the one you are looking for.

Alex

Offline tomargwen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 17 January 05 05:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Alex for the information - I know that John and Jessie lived in the Bungaree region so the details from John's death look like they are the ones I am looking for.
Thanks again.

Gwen

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 17 January 05 08:31 GMT (UK) »
As you said the marriage was on the following date, maybe getting a copy of the marriage entry may give you the names of the respective parents, which would help in finding the actual dates of birth.

Date:  2 Sep 1853
Bride : ROSE JESSIE
Groom : JOHN MCINTOSH 
Parish: CAWDOR
Reference Number for extract: 122/00 0002

Best Wishes

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline tomargwen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 18 January 05 00:21 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Mo for the information - I will do as you suggested and obtain the certificate.
Thanks again.

Gwen :D

Offline cromdale

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 13 February 05 01:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gwen,
Alexander McIntosh & Jane McKenzie (parents of John b.ca.1829) may be identical to parents of my Janet (Jean) McIntosh  who was born ca.1835 Inveravon, Banffshire [Census 1861,71] marr. 2 July 1852 John Gray, a journeyman shoemaker at Rothes - lived Aberlour, Grantown, Advie, Dalvey, Abernethy then Cromdale - had eleven children and died 21 Jun 1922 - 90 St Leonard's Street, Edinburgh. Her d. certificate states  parents "Alexander McIntosh (dec), distillery labourer and Jane m/s McKenzie (dec)".
Hope this helps.
Mary