Author Topic: Henson family of Kettering  (Read 13803 times)

Offline joyce341

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Dad aged two in 1891
    • View Profile
Re: Henson family of Kettering
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 29 October 09 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Walter,
                you are obviousely familiar with Free BMD but did you know,that if you go into search,instead of view,you can view transcriptions I dont know what date up to,I would think at least 2000,it is a slow process but great if you know more of what your looking for,go into view then follow details through,i.e birth etc,year,quarter then this is the hard bit but remember it is all alphabetical,so you pick a page at random first,i.e.32116 which could be griffiths,so then you know your in the g,s, then gradually eliminate untill you find what you want,i view in pdf files.
joyce
Hickman,Cleobury Mortimer,Shropshire/Staffordshire, Parkes,Dudley,Beddoes Lindridge,Cleobury Mortimer,
Asker,Snettisham,Norfolk,Newby Howe,Kensington,SuffolkLawrence,Greenwich,Bermondsey.Putman,Kensington,Hertfordshire.

Offline Walter 63

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 30 October 09 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Thank you again Joyce!

I didn't know that so I will surely be giving it a try!

All the best,

Walter
Flying Officer Peter H. Looker

Offline Marton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 18 November 09 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello Walter,do you have a sub. to Ancetry.com? well worth it, for in the public member trees is that of the Henson family of Kettering and these are available to browse.Henry F. had the following children,
Emma1865
Elizabeth 1866
Edith 1879
Ella 1886
Arthur 1876
Elsie 1890
Harry Bull Henson 1873
You can go back to the mid 1700's
Cetainly enough to keep you busy!

best wishes   Marton

Offline Walter 63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 18 November 09 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marton,

Thanks for your today's post.  The Henry F (for Frederick) Henson you are referring to is actually the grandfather of the Henry F that I'm looking for.   "My" Henry F. was the son of Arthur Henson.     Henry F. appears to have been a popular name as Arthur's sister Edith also had a son called Henry F (Bell).

I found a daughter to "my" Henry F. and am now hoping to trace her address via electoral lists.

I currently have a sub. to Ancestry but have been unable to find more info on the cousins to F/O Peter Looker.

All the best,

Walter

Offline Marton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 19 November 09 08:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Walter, didn't have a marriage or son for Arthur,Henry(Harry)Bull Henson is the line I am taking for his grandson,who lives Quite near, but my real interest is in Drusillas des. as my late husbands aunt,Eva Place married Walter Henson in Earl Shilton.I gather that Drusilla was not married and kept her maiden name for her children?
best wishes   Marton

Offline Walter 63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 19 November 09 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Marton,

Can't help you there I'm afraid.  My interest in the Henson family is finding possibly surviving cousins to Flying Officer Peter looker.   I know I should have started looking twenty years ago but hey, some people do survive to be 90 years and older!

Peter's mother Elsie Henson was the youngest of her siblings, before her came Ella (married Frederick Loake and had a son David, that link already covered), before Ella we have Edith, who married John H Bell and they had a son Henry F and a daughter Eva (two more candidates there) and before Edith there was Arthur.  He married Maud Beal and they had a son Henry F.    That's as far back as I'll go for now, Henry F (son to Arthur) was born in 1915 so there's not much sense in looking further back than that.

Peter's cousin Henry F had a daughter Helen whose address I in meantime found via the electoral lists on Findmypast - off to write a letter now!

Best of luck with your research!

Cheers,

Walter

Offline Walter 63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 04 October 11 20:34 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

Been quite a while since my last post here but I haven't been idle in meantime!   I found quite a few surviving relatives to Peter Looker but sadly non of them could tell me anything new about him or lead me to that log book which just might have survived somewhere!

I found the daughters of Peter's cousin Henry F. (the son of Arthur Henson and Maud Beal) but learned that Arthur married without the family's approval which sort of lead to severed ties.   My contact with Arthur's granddaughter Emma however led to a nice article in the Bradford Telegraph and Argus!

And now I'm looking at Edith Henson, she married John Bell and they had a son Henry F, born on 17.10.1913, birth registered in Market Harborough.     From the birth certificate I learned that the family lived on Oxendon Road in Welford Norths.

I followed two marriages featuring a Henry Bell but they were both wrong and it took me about 7 months or so to find that out.

So, being on the Norths page I wondered if any of you would know about the Bells of Welford and could point me in the right direction to finding descendants of Peter Looker's cousin Henry F Bell (who just might be still alive as I was unable to find a death registration).

TIA

Walter

Offline mogodonman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 06 February 14 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Peter Huxley Looker was educated at Cranleigh School in Surrey from 1934 to 1938. His father is listed as Charles C Looker of 67 Portsmouth Road, Surbiton. If you have any details of his death that would be appreciated.

Martin Williamson
Cranleigh School Archivist

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 08 February 14 13:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi mogodonman.

Welcome to Rootschat.  :)

The CWGC I am sure you will have seen.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0xyu/