Author Topic: Frustrating lack of online Gloucestershire Parish Records.  (Read 27260 times)

Offline LouisaS

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrating lack of online Gloucestershire Parish Records.
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 06 July 14 16:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much Victor I followed your instructions and did notice it was registry office.
I know Benjamin Green was in gaol twice, What did he do!!

Offline zoobiscuitz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Victor, please help me :)
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 28 December 14 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm looking for information on my ancestors in Gloucestershire... I live in South Africa, so look-ups are quite difficult at times!

If you could please, please do a look-up for me, Victor, I am looking for the marriage certificate of Joseph Johnson and Ann Keller. They were married March 1841, according to FreeBMD, in Bristol. The listing is in volume 11, page 183. I'm dying to find out who Joseph's parents were, as I haven't been able to find his baptism listed.

I hope to hear from you! :)

Zoe

Offline Alycia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 10 April 15 19:49 BST (UK) »
Hello

I was just looking through your post.  If anyone is interested, I have George Burbridge, born 1838 in Winchcombe in my family.  He moved to Staffordshire and married my GG Grandmother, Mary Ann Shirley.  At least I think they married, I haven't been able to find a marriage, but I really think this is the same George.

He died in 1870 in Tipton, Staffordshire.  He left one son, George. 

I am happy to supply any other information if you need it.

Offline seraphic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 24 January 16 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello Gail, Have just read your post re Maria Walkley marriage to John Butt in 1832.  I have been tying to find her since it seems forever and today I found a marriage announcement for her. If you haven't found her parents they are Thomas Walkley & Ann Cratchley. I have not been able to find any census records for etiher Maria or John. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Seraphic