Author Topic: Bridgett,brick wall  (Read 3819 times)

Offline tobyma123

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bridgett,brick wall
« on: Friday 29 August 14 22:24 BST (UK) »
Hello all here is a big brick wall, my 7th granddad John Clifton born 1643 Red Marley Worcestershire
was a widower, he married again to a woman called Bridgett in 1689 St John the Baptist Oxenton
Gloucestershire.
Children were, Edmund (bap) 1691,Sara (bap)1692,Edward(bap)1695 and my 6th granddad William
(bap)1698,all Twekesbury.
I have looked at most sites and no surname for Bridgett, Gloucester Archives had a look for me
and it seems that there is a blot over her surname.
Can anyone throw any light on a way to find it.
      regards tobyma123 ???

James William Chappell is now James William Grantham ,Elizebeth Hill Grantham .Lincolnshire.Mary Jane Morgan 1842 born in Overton Flintshire Wales.Ann Morgan 1831 both wives of William Morgan 1829 Worcester.John Dowley 1858 Wellington Salop.Thomas Tole or Toal Selena Mac Masters born in Scotland but lived in county Down NIreland born about 1790.

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgett,brick wall
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 31 March 15 20:23 BST (UK) »
Hi,
The Gloucestershire PRs have now been digitalised and you can access them on A******y.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline tobyma123

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 April 15 12:16 BST (UK) »
Hello Victor Harvey thank you for your reply however I have tried that as I am a member.
They only seem to have grandfathers first marriage.
Would a copy of one of the children's baptism records have the mothers maiden name?.
I have a few of the nineteenth cent that do not sure if that is the case that far back.
I have checked the register bishops transcripts still only Bridgett.
Any more ideas would be welcome but I am thinking might have to pay researcher.
    regards Jenny :)

James William Chappell is now James William Grantham ,Elizebeth Hill Grantham .Lincolnshire.Mary Jane Morgan 1842 born in Overton Flintshire Wales.Ann Morgan 1831 both wives of William Morgan 1829 Worcester.John Dowley 1858 Wellington Salop.Thomas Tole or Toal Selena Mac Masters born in Scotland but lived in county Down NIreland born about 1790.

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 April 15 17:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Jenny,
I don't know if you've actually checked the A******y digitalised records, so I'll check them myself after the Easter break.
Failing being able to interpret the entry, I'll put you in touch with an excellent local researcher.
Victor
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline tobyma123

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 03 April 15 11:16 BST (UK) »
Hello Victor Harvey thank you,you are a gem.
She is about the only one of that time that I do not have.
Grandfathers first marriage was to Margaret or Margery Cooper Sept 1680 Red marley her father was Florice Cooper actually cannot find a burial for her either (I don't think he was a bigamist lol)
Bit of extra info grandfather was a maltster brewer in Twekesbury will dated 1729.
Something to go on?.
    regards Jenny.

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 03 April 15 12:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Jenny,
I have checked the Glos Archives (GA) Parish Register Guide, and as a backstop, there are the Bishops Transcripts (BTs) for St John the Baptist, Oxenton, on microfilm MF 587, 1687-1691, so if no luck with the digitalised record, I'll check the BTs.
Victor

Offline tobyma123

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 03 April 15 13:13 BST (UK) »
Hello Victor thank you I will wait to see if you can find anything.
      regards Jenny. :)

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 09 April 15 15:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Jenny,
I have checked both the PR & BT, but there are NO marriages record 1680-1682 & 1684-1692.
Victor

Offline tobyma123

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 09 April 15 19:44 BST (UK) »
Hello Victor thank you I found the marriage on William Good's parish records site recorded as
12th Feb 1689 Oxenton.
    regards Jenny. :)