Author Topic: Ann Hoggarth  (Read 3850 times)

Offline daniel1111

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Hoggarth
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 November 07 22:43 GMT (UK) »
I'm sorry but I have not traced the history of the children of John Winter and Ann Hoggarth other than Elizabeth Winter bap May 31st 1825, at Orton, who married Robert Wilson of High Gill Aysgarth.

I do not have the records for the Westmorland area to go into this branch of my tree in any great depth.

Maybe at a later date?

What I can help you with is the history of Joh  Winter bap March 3rd 1805.

I can trace him back to Robert Wynter 1490-1541 of Moreland Westmorland.

Percival, Hird, Heseltine, Wilson,  Horn(e), Thwaite, Storey, Iveson, Metcalfe, Dinsdale and Sunter and the farms and families of Bishopdale.

Offline daniel1111

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 November 07 16:23 GMT (UK) »
One good thing has come out of this link so far :).

By having my memory jogged to re-check the census returns, I have come across a daughter for Elizabeth Winter, Barbara bap Feb 28 1847 at Orton.

I have still to find out who the father was.
Percival, Hird, Heseltine, Wilson,  Horn(e), Thwaite, Storey, Iveson, Metcalfe, Dinsdale and Sunter and the farms and families of Bishopdale.

Offline owlett

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 12 November 07 20:27 GMT (UK) »
Daniel
thankyou for your very rapid response - I havent delved too deeply at this moments with the lives or loves of the siblings of my direct grandparents - although I will keep an eye out for Barbara -- I have seen her on later census but cant remember who her father is. Robert springs to mind.

Were the decendents all yeomans back to Robert in 1490?
Is it possible for you to share the information you have to take back this branch of the family a little further please?

We were always lead to believe that the Winter line was Danish -- I cant evidence that -- maybe you can put that in place for me.
Are you a decendant of John or Ann ?
Brennan Castlecomer Ireland/Mealey/Neill - Durham
Winter - Durham / Lawson Winter Durham
Dickinson - Durham
midford whitby
storer derbyshire

Offline daniel1111

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 12 November 07 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Owlett:

You will need to contact me offsite as I can not add attachments to this site.

email me at:

Moderator Comment: email address removed to prevent spam and other abuses. Please use the secure personal message system to share email addresses and other personal material. Thank You

You will then see any links with your treee.

But there will be a short delay as I am off to Majorca for a weeks holiday and will reply when I get back.

Offline rebelhand

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 26 August 14 15:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Daniel and Owlett,

I've just stumbled across this thread while researching Ann Hoggarth and John Wilson - my 3x great-grandparents. I'm descended from their second son, John.

Are either of you still researching? Still using RootsChat?

It would be great to share discoveries with you.
Bayley (Bayley, Bailey), Bell, Davies, Delaney (Delany), Gasketh, Graham, Harrington, Henley, Hogarth (Hoggarth), Jones, Lloyd, Marshall, Nicholson, Owen (Owens), Richards, Richardson, Simpson, Wicking, Wilson, Winter

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 26 August 14 20:06 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat, rebelhand

Owlett hasn't been on the site since 2008 but Daniel was last here in February.  Provided they still have the same email addresses they will receive a notification of your post.  Fingers Crossed  :)

Christine

Offline rebelhand

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 27 August 14 10:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Christine.
Bayley (Bayley, Bailey), Bell, Davies, Delaney (Delany), Gasketh, Graham, Harrington, Henley, Hogarth (Hoggarth), Jones, Lloyd, Marshall, Nicholson, Owen (Owens), Richards, Richardson, Simpson, Wicking, Wilson, Winter