Author Topic: Edinburgh Lookup Please  (Read 1315 times)

Offline snwbnnyinoz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Edinburgh Lookup Please
« on: Wednesday 25 July 07 21:25 BST (UK) »
Looking for:

Robert Ford born 20 Aug 1838 in Edinburgh, he married Elizabeth Boyd on 16 Sept 1862.  She was born in Edinburgh on 14 May 1844.

They moved to New Zealand but I'm not sure when.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Paula

Offline Sarah R B

• RootsChat Extra
  • Obsessed...
    • View Profile
Re: Edinburgh Lookup Please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 April 14 07:05 BST (UK) »
Hello,
It appears to have been some time since you've been active on this site, but perhaps this will find its way to you anyway...  I discovered this post and I'm wondering if you have information about Robert Ford and Elizabeth Boyd's ancestry. I have some information about their descendants. One of their children, Mary Jane Ford, born in 1867 in Auckland, New Zealand, is one of my direct ancestors. She married a Swedish man named Carl Oscar Peterson and traveled to California, where many of their descendants, including me, continue to live.

I will appreciate any help you can provide, and would be happy to assist in any way I can.

Thank you,
Sarah
Lots but here are a few: Bouscaren, Emerson, Peterson, Gourley, Finley/Fenley, Van horn, Ford, Boyd, Mussaw/Mousseau, Monette, Freiberger, Crandall, Barry, Nellis, Ritzenthaler, Lechleiter...

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 April 14 10:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah , Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Paula was last online in 2012. If all else fails you will be able to download the marriage certificate for Robert Ford and Elizabeth Boyd.

http://scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ (Paysite - but very reasonable)

That record should , hopefully , name their parents.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Sarah R B

• RootsChat Extra
  • Obsessed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 21 May 14 04:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you ev. I discovered they were actually married in New Zealand, but Paula seemed pretty sure of their birthdates, so perhaps I'll pay for those. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

If anyone else comes across this post I would like to hear from you.

Thank you,
Sarah
Lots but here are a few: Bouscaren, Emerson, Peterson, Gourley, Finley/Fenley, Van horn, Ford, Boyd, Mussaw/Mousseau, Monette, Freiberger, Crandall, Barry, Nellis, Ritzenthaler, Lechleiter...