Author Topic: Comrie family of Perthshire  (Read 23309 times)

Offline BROADFIELD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Comrie family of Perthshire
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 03 April 14 13:17 BST (UK) »
To Anderson    re message  2009 I think  your  James Comrie and Elizabeth Kennedy are also my family, would like to hear from you.       Broadfield

Offline BROADFIELD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 04 April 14 21:55 BST (UK) »
To Anderson 
         Don't know if we're the same family or not but I have a James Comrie born 1845 in Muthill, his father was John Comrie born 1815 in Blackford, and his father was James Comrie but I havn't any dates for him. Would love to hear from you. 
                                                           Broadfield.

Offline Lafrowda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 15 March 16 20:09 GMT (UK) »
    Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
        View Profile Personal Message (Online)

Comrie of St Andrews
« on: Yesterday at 23:30 »

Modify

I have a pile of photographs and odds & ends which relate to an Elizabeth Stirling Comrie known as Bessie. She died in 1997 in Perth, Scotland age 87. A spinster with no known surviving family.  Born in St Andrews, Fife, and illigitimate.  Several family and farming photo's.  Connections to Comrie, Perth, St Andrews.
I offered them to the Perth & Kinross Family History Society some years ago but they expressed no interest.  I would like them to be in the possession of a family member.
CORNWALL: Penrose, Trenerry & Variants, Warren, Barnicoat, l, Watters, Lavars, Eddy, Moyle, Hicks, Harvey, Tonkin.
N.YORKS;DURHAM:  Robinson, Thwaites, Frank, Rigg, Woodwark,Moon,Metcalfe.
NORFOLK: Wales, Bocking,Pond,Basham,Wegg,Bastard.
DORSET: Norster/Nosciter, Byat, Stoodleigh,Sweet.

VARIOUS: Hefferan & variants, Devine & variants

Offline leslie123

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 06 June 16 21:56 BST (UK) »
Over the weekend I bought an antique Scottish embroidery
sampler that was stitched by Jemima Byres Comrie. It is undated but the style tends to place it in around 1810-1850. I have been able to find a Jemima Sim Comrie who was born in about 1856, daughter of Peter Comrie (born in Comrie in about 1804) and Elizabeth Syme who were married in Duddingston, Midlothian. I presume this is not the right Jemima. Since I have NOTHING else to go on here, I was hoping that someone might have some ideas. I would love to find out more about the girl who stitched it.

Offline SurfinNan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 13 July 16 02:45 BST (UK) »
In my family I have
James Comrie b 1813 in Fowlis Wester married Helen Young b1824 in Burnbrae they emigrated to New Zealand.

Information about James Comrie is as follows

Father: William Comrie (1763-1836) Mother: Janet McLachlin (1778-1850) He had 12 siblings: William, Alexander, Duncan,  Janet, Catherine (orChristian), Ann McLachlan, Margaret, Peter, James, Archibald and, John Dixon. All of Perthshire, Scotland.

I would like to get in touch with any New Zealand Comries associated with this family. I am interested in Helen Young.

Thank you
Evelyn

Offline jimmain

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 10 January 24 19:11 GMT (UK) »
I recently discovered that my most distant ancestor, Josiah Drummond, was actually a McGregor.
His parents were Donald Drummond alias McGregor/ Katrine Ferguson who had their children in Callander. Donald Drummond's father was Neill McGregor who married Janet Comrie; Donald was born in Monzie.
Both Josiah (Emilia Crearar) and his brother Donald (Ann Drummond) lived and worked in Fowlis Wester where they had their families in the 1760s.
I have found little information in Scotlands People about the Comries and am hoping that someone might be able to provide some clarification about the Comries in Fowlis Wester and surrounding area (including Callander)
Main, Mitchell; Stirlingshire
Drummond; Perth
Florence; Aberdeen