Author Topic: George Robertson Percy  (Read 14916 times)

Offline dumfries-victor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Robertson Percy
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 08 September 09 18:19 BST (UK) »
This George Robertson Percy, who died in 1957 is my great uncle.  His brother, James, was adopted out and became know as James Jones, in the United States.  It is exciting to know that some of his decendents might live in your neighborhood.  I thank you for all that you are doing, and am always interested in any further family data.

Offline Kev Searching

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 23 September 09 23:09 BST (UK) »
Hi folks.
Just spotted your post and thought I chip in. Andrew Percy and Mary Crichton are my GGGG grandparents. I've been doing my tree on and off for the past 4 years or so and this is the first time I've come across anyone related to this line. I've come to a dead end on this line with Andrew as I can find no records of BDM for him. I did however find his grave in Mouswald and I could give you a picture if you like. Any help with either Andrew or Mary would be very helpful. I am descended from their son John who you have rightly found in stirling in 1901 where he lived with his son, daughter and granddaughter. He died there in December 1901.
Best Wishes

Kev

Offline csc

• RootsChat Veteran
  • granny and grandad cursiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 24 September 09 09:14 BST (UK) »
cummertrees church yard  andrew percy who died 2nd january 1777 age 75 years also jane irving his spouse who died 1811 age 75 years erected by andrew and george percy their sons      csc
DUMFRIES. KERR,DICKSON,BELL,HETHERINGTON,HILL
CUMBERLAND, CHARLTON,YOUNG,SPARKS,HEWITT,IRELAND. 
ORKNEY,CURSITER,DREVER,PEACE,COOPER,    
FAIR ISLE, MALCOLMSON,LESLIE.

Offline csc

• RootsChat Veteran
  • granny and grandad cursiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 24 September 09 10:17 BST (UK) »
1841 census cummertrees   walter parcie9 baby boy 4 weeks parcie john 30 ag lab jannet 30 james 8 all at 1 rigfoot  agnes piercie 18 ag lab george 55 ag lab at 4 rigfoot john pirecy 8 at 7 cummertrees village   csc
DUMFRIES. KERR,DICKSON,BELL,HETHERINGTON,HILL
CUMBERLAND, CHARLTON,YOUNG,SPARKS,HEWITT,IRELAND. 
ORKNEY,CURSITER,DREVER,PEACE,COOPER,    
FAIR ISLE, MALCOLMSON,LESLIE.

Offline CC

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 24 September 09 14:06 BST (UK) »
Good Morning...

I have been helping a distant relative search for John Currie/Corrie Percy his parents George Percy and Elizabeth Currie/Corrie. John married Isabella Robertson.... Its a very long story and as there are living persons involved could you please PM....

CC

Offline dumfries-victor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 24 September 09 22:54 BST (UK) »
I believe the reason there is some confusion in this family line is that there are three Andrew Pierces.    F. Andrew Pierce was born about 1800, and was married to Mary Creighton/Crichton.  Their sons were George, John, and Douglas.  We all appear to come from this line.  F. Andrew Pierce's father was George Pierce (b. abt 1778), whose father was Andrew Pierce (b. abt. 1735).  This Andrew's wife was Jane Irving ( b. 1736).  The grave markers spoken of were for this Jane Irving and her father-in-law, Andrew Pierce (b. 1702).  This means we have a third Andrew Pierce, who was the father of one Andrew, and the  great grandfather of F. Andrew.  This is mostly a theory based on the birth dates, but it explains a lot of our confusion.

Offline CamMcG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 16 June 13 02:33 BST (UK) »
If you are still looking for George Robertson Percy, I know of him and have some photographs with his family.  He does look like your uncles photo (his brother).  He remarried in 1913 to my grandfathers aunt Mary McGowan.  They did live at Aldermanhill.  He had three sons who were raised by my aunt, George, Walter and Tom.  Two brothers had a very successful electronics store in Dumfries (Percy Bros.).  The McGowans have kept in touch with the Percy's.  I know that George Jr.'s daughter-in-law still lives in Kippford.  I met Walter Percy and his second wife (Alice) in Maxwelltown in 1978 when I was visiting from Canada.

Offline dumfries-victor

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 16 June 13 05:22 BST (UK) »
If you are still looking for George Robertson Percy, I know of him and have some photographs with his family.  He does look like your uncles photo (his brother).  He remarried in 1913 to my grandfathers aunt Mary McGowan.  They did live at Aldermanhill.  He had three sons who were raised by my aunt, George, Walter and Tom.  Two brothers had a very successful electronics store in Dumfries (Percy Bros.).  The McGowans have kept in touch with the Percy's.  I know that George Jr.'s daughter-in-law still lives in Kippford.  I met Walter Percy and his second wife (Alice) in Maxwelltown in 1978 when I was visiting from Canada.

Offline Doonhamer

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 23 April 14 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hi, if you still looking for George Robertson Percy, I am his great-granddaughter. His son George Percy was my grandfather. GRP was indeed married twice, his first wife dying in childbirth, I understand, after having their third son, Walter Percy. I am in touch with some of Walter's grandchildren. I knew that someone in the family was adopted out to the USA but didn't know who exactly, so great to see these posts! The other George R Percy (born 1948) will be Walter Percy's son, born to his 2nd wife. I think he lives in the north of Scotland (Wick?). The George Percy living at Westlands, Pleasance Ave was my grandfather. If you would like to pm me I could possibly fill in some gaps?