Author Topic: Robinson Family - Tamworth, St Editha  (Read 3670 times)

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Robinson Family - Tamworth, St Editha
« on: Friday 06 June 14 21:28 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help with this, as I have this evening hit a bit of a snag with the above family.

My 3xgt grandmother Joanna (I have also seen the record as Jeanna!) Robinson was baptised at St Editha, Tamworth on 31st December 1796 to Joseph & Ann Robinson. I have thus far found only three siblings. Josephus b1793/94 (buried 26th Aug 1806 aged 12 years), John baptised 23rd December 1798 & Elizabeth baptised 25th December 1801. Are there any other children?

I have never been able to find a marriage for Joseph & Ann at all, despite concerted efforts to find one!

I have a possible burial for Joseph Robinson Snr at St Editha on 16th December 1802 aged 40 years.

The snag that I have hit this evening is that I thought that I had Joseph Snr's baptism to John Robinson & Mary Smart 1st Nov 1766 but this evening looking on familysearch it has against this baptism a burial date of 19th September 1769! This kind of puts a spanner in the works somewhat, not to mention possibly losing a couple of generations!

Could someone possibly help me to sort this one out as I am finding locating parish records for St Editha's and Tamworth in general tricky.

Just to avoid extra work I already know about Joanna's marriage to Joseph Parker on 15th April 1816 in Tamworth & their family thereafter.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline Tittensor ONS

• RootsChat Member
  • Tittensor One-Name Study site: www.tittensor.com
    • View Profile
Re: Robinson Family - Tamworth, St Editha
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 June 14 11:21 BST (UK) »
Hi David, Birmingham & Midland Society for Genealogy & Heraldry have indexed all Staffordshire marriages and will search them for a modest fee: http://www.bmsgh.org/search/st_marr_Index.html

It may be that they married in Anne's home parish (if it wasn't Tamworth).

Regards,

Paul

Tittensor One-Name study homepage: www.tittensor.com
Tittensor One-Name Study: www.tittensor.com
Researching surnames:
Tittensor  -  Titensor  -  Tittenson - Titterson
Titson - Titsor - Titser - Tidson - Tidsor - Tidser

UK Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 June 14 17:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul,

Many thanks for that, I'll look into doing that when finances allow!

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 08 June 14 17:46 BST (UK) »
St Editha in tamworth are located at Stafford archives on microfische.  It may be worth you putting in a request for someone to do a look up and be as specific as possible so they still have plenty of time for their own research.

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 08 June 14 18:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Weste,

Many thanks for that, much appreciated.

I will certainly consider putting in a request as suggested. I will need to go through my information  first, so as to be 'as specific as possible' as you rightly advise.

My thanks again.

Kind regards

David

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 08 June 14 19:36 BST (UK) »
I live in Tamworth so I can look at the registers, either at the library or at Lichfield archives  - however you will have to wait until I get back from holiday in France - early July.  If this will help  :-\
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 08 June 14 19:39 BST (UK) »
Hi BumbleB,

That is very kind of you, very much appreciated.

Early July will be fine, enjoy your holiday!

Kind regards

David

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 08 June 14 19:44 BST (UK) »
No problem.  I'll be back to you - soon!

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 12:50 BST (UK) »
Hi:  sorry for the delay.  I finally went to Lichfield yesterday, and then went into Tamworth library this morning just to double-check that I hadn't made a mistake.  :o

Joseph Robinson, baptised 2 November 1766 is the son of John and SARAH.  Familysearch have made a mistake in saying that he is the son of John and MARY.  The burial on 19 September 1769 just states Joseph son of John.

I didn't find the marriage of Joseph and Ann, and was going to check on the Wilnecote register today, but then discovered that Tamworth doesn't have Wilnecote registers.  I'll have a look the next time I go to Lichfield.

I made a note of Robinson baptisms and burials from 1760 to 1793, plus marriages in 1754 - 1802.  If you would like them, then let me know and I'll get them to you.

Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY