Author Topic: findmypast phase two parish records?  (Read 1188 times)

Offline bradelkington

• RootsChat Veteran
  • third great grandmother Elizabeth bull b.1839
    • View Profile
findmypast phase two parish records?
« on: Tuesday 02 September 14 10:41 BST (UK) »
Hi there I wanted to know if anyone has managed to find out a release date for the second lot of parish records on findmypast for Staffordshire?
I have emailed them but they said they cannot give a date and basically say its for the privacy of the record offices, but has anyone spoke to the people who work at the record offices and got a date as it seems to be taking a long time since the first phase.
Also does anyone know if Walsall st Matthews records will be amongst them?

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: findmypast phase two parish records?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 10:46 BST (UK) »
I wouldn't hold your breath, still waiting for them to finish the Hertfordshire collection which was uploaded in the first half of last year, but of which there are numerous gaps. :-X  They are blaming the Records Office for the missing gaps.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 10:51 BST (UK) »
Re-iterate smudwhisk's sentiment; they started putting Westminster records online in 2012 and it still isn't finished.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 18:20 BST (UK) »
I know freereg will be putting st Matthew  baptisms on but may not be this month.

Have you thought they may not intend putting them on?
I understand the one's they're intend putting on are the ones where the originals are kept at Stafford archives. The original i.e. the  register may be at Stafford  or even still with the church. I think I was told they were still with the church and the transcribing needs to be done from film. Also at the archives, st matts are on microfilm. Walsall have a copy, so does Lichfield and Stafford but the archives have 2/3 machines each compared to fische readers. Walsall has had one broken for weeks. Film readers are in big demand, it's much easier to get the use of a fische reader than a film reader.