Author Topic: James Pullinger Cakebread  (Read 6075 times)

Offline NDRFT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: James Pullinger Cakebread
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 17:35 BST (UK) »
There are no children baptised to that couple in Bloxham.
There are children baptised to
Edward and Anne Cakebread,over the years 1789 -1805
Thomas and Anne Cakebread over the years 1808 - 1814
Robert and Elizabeth Cakebread over the years 1808 -1808
Robert and Anne Cakebread over the years 1832 - 1834

There is also an illegitimate child to Sarah in 1808 and to Hannah in 1838

Jemima Cake bread and John Hollyhoke were married 25 Oct 1819 at St Marys Church, Banbury after banns. botp  bach and sp Wits;Cahrles Mason. No other details in the entry

Let me know if you want details of the baptisms.

I suggest you reply on here rather than PM because the replies above do not make sense and if we communicate on PM's about this rather than non personal info etc then others can follow the thread/s  and may jump on board with info as a consequence of sequential info being posted
Robinson - Oxfordshire
Stratford - Gloucestershire,
Waters - Northamptonshire,
Moss - Oxfordshire,
Bint - Berkshire,
Collins / Collings - Buckinghamshire,
Salmon - Warwickshire and Northamptonshire
Stranks - Northamptonshire,
Bull - Oxfordshire /Buckinghamshire,

Offline NDRFT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 18:07 BST (UK) »
Hi again
There were TWO jemima's.

Jemima Cakebread baptised at Independent New Chapel, Church Lane, Banbury on 11 April 1810 born 22 Feb 1810 do Thomas and Ann of Bloxham

Jemima Cakebread baptised at Presbyterian Meeting House, Banbury by Rev Jospeh Jerams of Bloxham and Milton on 14 Jan 1794 d o Thomas and Mary of Bloxham born 31 oct 1793.

There are more for the Presbytarian Church so let me know if you want them?
Robinson - Oxfordshire
Moss - Oxfordshire,
Bint - Berkshire,

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 18:10 BST (UK) »
Just to add some confusion - there's a John Cakebread baptised in Banbury in 1837 to a William and Martha. The child appears to die in 1838

Offline NDRFT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 16 April 14 18:13 BST (UK) »
nice find Mabel
Robinson - Oxfordshire
Moss - Oxfordshire,
Bint - Berkshire,

Offline trevorc9

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 18 April 14 04:22 BST (UK) »
My mistake not familiar with this site hit the wrong reply button, sorry you are correct my reply is now lost and even i can not recall exactly what I said, hopefully I will do the correct thing from now on. I will try and reply to the information you have provided in order of which I received it.
The Jemima Cakebread that I am interested in was born on 14th July 1793, baptized on 1st Oct 1794 Parents Thomas & Mary Cakebread, Baptism place Bloxon & Milton Piece Title 1721 (Presbyterian) 1789-1837.
Martha ( Rymill) was born in Worcestershire & was christened on 28th April 1810 in Shipston-on-Stour.
I am wondering if it is worth following down the path of James Pullinger I have found that he married  a Martha Peebles Jan-Feb-Mar 1841 Registration District Banbury. He died Jan-Feb-Mar 1848 Registration District Banbury. Martha Pullinger (also spelt Pillinger) died Oct-Nov-Dec 1876 Registration District Oxford she was 76 which put her age at marriage around 41. So did James have an illegitimate son in 1816 as he would have been probably in his mid to late teens. He may have fathered the child with a Cakebread female. Just a thought what do you think?

Offline trevorc9

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 18 April 14 06:52 BST (UK) »
More information from my end.
A letter written by John Hollihoke to my Great Grandfather John Rymill Cakebread late 1872 mentions a Thomas Cakebread as James Pullinger Cakebread's First Cousin. Thomas Cakebread was christened in Bloxham & Milton on the 1st Feb 1806. He married Esther (Sometimes spelt Easter) and the 1871 Census finds them living in Culworth Northampton Shire. Note his surname is sometimes spelt Cathebread.
Parish Records show that John Hollihoke was baptized on the 4th August 1824 in the house of George Cakebread in Bloxham. Josiah Cakebread was George Cakebread's son. Josiah was christened on 20th Feb 1816.
Letters written to John Rymill Cakebread, James Cakebread's son are signed off by John Hollihoke as his affectionate Uncle. I can not see how he can be an Uncle yet there is some connection through his mother Jemima Cakebread.
I have a copy of a letter written by a William Cakebread stating that James Cakebread is his cousin. William was born in 1815 in Banbury, christened on the 5th Dec 1815 in Banbury and died on the 8th April 1889 in Geelong Victoria Australia. His parents were William Cakebread & Lydia Board. William accompanied by his Mother, brother George and his wife and Mary and her husband arrived in Melbourne on 1st October 1851.