Author Topic: Slamannan Cemetery  (Read 12871 times)

Offline Lemon Nelly

• RootsChat Extra
  • The never ending journey
    • View Profile
Re: Slamannan Cemetery
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 23 June 11 10:02 BST (UK) »
No problem, wish I had been more help.  People who died in the 20th century are more than likely buried in the bigger cemeteries in Polmonts' Grandsable, Camelon, Denny, and Stenhousemuir which I think is Larbert Cemetery, also taking in cremations at Camelon
Tripney, Howes, Lapsley, Davies, Evans, Allan, Green,

Offline NarelleW

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 31 July 11 05:22 BST (UK) »
Hi just wondering if you had any luck with the findlays cnerys?  I am trying to track back the family tree and I am stuck in 1792 looking for records of John Findlay father of James Findlay (1844-1902) and husband to Helen Morris (1812-1808).  I tried the headstones to see if I could find any clues but no such luck.  Just wondering if you have had any luck.  They lived in Slamannan, Stirlingshire.

Offline cnerys

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 06 January 12 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Sorry for the late reply, we have put these Findlays on the back burner for a little while as I wasn't getting anywhere with them. I was contacted recently by someone on GenesReunited regarding these Findlays. We have a bit of an issue with John Findlay married to Helen Morris as John is named as George Findlay on one document the family had made on these Findlays. I have just looked back through my scotlandspeople saved items and on James and Helen's marriage, James's father was noted as John Finlay a labourer married to Helen Finlay nee Morrison. so the 'd' has beend dropped from the surname, I hadn't noticed that before.
Unfortunately there is no idea whatsoever where many of this family are buried as yet. I know Margaret, my sister in law who's mother was a Findlay is hoping to start seriously researching this year for the Findlays. Margaret's aunt has given her lots of documents recently, so I'll have to ask what information there was that might help go back a bit further. I'll keep in touch.
Kind regards
Nerys
Morris - Gwytherin/Llangernyw/Pandy Tudur
Blore - Efenechtyd/Clocaenog
Bloor - Cwm/Newmarket Wales
Price - Llangwm, Poulton cum Seacomb/Bebington
Roberts - Llanelidan - 'Pantrwth' Eyarth, Liverpool, Sheffield, Llanrwst
Roberts - Brookhouse Denbigh, Bontuchel
Williams - Abergele
Hughes - Llanfairtalhaiarn
Jones - Llangynhafal

Offline Tim Leith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 04 April 14 04:11 BST (UK) »
Hello!

I am looking for relatives in the same area but can't seem to find any information.  Here is what I have:

I am looking for the gravestones of my GrX3 Grandparents - their names were Nathaniel McKechnie and Margaret (Mayberry) McKechnie.

The lived in Slamannan according to two census records. (1861 and 1891)

Nathaniel died on June 20, 1897 in Mosscandle, Muiravonside.  His parents were James McKechnie and Mary (Milligan) McKechnie.

Margaret died on August 3, 1891 in Blinkbonny which is in the parish of Slamannan.  Her parents were Richard Mayberry and Mary (Wallace) Mayberry.

Nathaniel and Margaret's children's names were:

James
Mary
Sarah Jane
Elizabeth Arther
Margaret

Any help at all that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 04 April 14 15:01 BST (UK) »
in Blinkbonny which is in the parish of Slamannan. 

This isn't intended for this discussion, merely to point out for the benefit of anyone who may be looking for Blinkbonny and comes across this thread that this Blinkbonny is indeed in the parish of Slamannan, but there are places called Blinkbonny in several other parishes.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline mosstrooper

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 04 April 14 22:06 BST (UK) »
Hello!

I am looking for relatives in the same area but can't seem to find any information.  Here is what I have:

I am looking for the gravestones of my GrX3 Grandparents - their names were Nathaniel McKechnie and Margaret (Mayberry) McKechnie.

The lived in Slamannan according to two census records. (1861 and 1891)

Nathaniel died on June 20, 1897 in Mosscandle, Muiravonside.  His parents were James McKechnie and Mary (Milligan) McKechnie.

Margaret died on August 3, 1891 in Blinkbonny which is in the parish of Slamannan.  Her parents were Richard Mayberry and Mary (Wallace) Mayberry.

Nathaniel and Margaret's children's names were:

James
Mary
Sarah Jane
Elizabeth Arther
Margaret

Any help at all that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Tim,
         Looking at the 1881 Census I find Nathan McKechnie & Margaret living at Jawcraig which is just outside Slamannan he aged 63 and she aged 64. If he died in Muiravonside then it is likely he will be buried there rather than Slamannan. Check out the Graveyard here.
 http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/linlithgow/muiravonsidegraveyard/

James. 
 If you stay far away let me know.