Author Topic: How do i search the electoral roll for free  (Read 143319 times)

Offline doddsie4

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: How do i search the electoral roll for free
« Reply #18 on: Monday 26 November 12 11:55 GMT (UK) »
      velpremus,
                          I sent an email to the South Lanarkshire Archives just this morning, explaining what I was trying to find out, so I am hopeful that this might lead to some useful information.       The place in question is Lesmahagow, and I gave them the address.      Besides enquiring about who owned the house before as well as when my grandmother lived there, I asked about where I could find the Electoral Registers for that area, and I also enquired if they would do a look-up regarding this.

neolithic,
                        I used to be a member of the Lanarkshire Family History Society, and I still sometimes have a look at the site as a guest.       I may contact them.         I could post a message on their public forum, or enquire directly to their Motherwell offices.

Graham,
                     I have never actually managed access to Electoral Records, either in England or in Scotland.      I have used the 192.com live search with some success, but have never actually found a site that gives Electoral info for the period I am interested in.   

Thanks everyone for your information!       

Offline ballinderry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: How do i search the electoral roll for free
« Reply #19 on: Monday 16 September 13 17:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Possumpete,

The only Free site I know of is...

b4usearch

At the moment the Electoral Roll is being updated but you might like to keep it on file for future reference...

Regards Ambers

Re: 3702.co.uk

There is a totally free electoral roll search site 3702 with electoral registers from 1980 - to this year, the website is simple with a free phone number search also available on a separate page - not sure why it is free but it does have adverts on the free results page. Good hunting though