Author Topic: COCKBURN & HOME families  (Read 2439 times)

Offline colliecat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
COCKBURN & HOME families
« on: Monday 17 March 14 05:06 GMT (UK) »
I've been studying the histories of the Cockburn & Home families pre 1700 and it is extremely confusing.  I am wondering if anyone out there also has these ancestors:-
My ancestor Anna Cockburn married Thomas Baillie in 1706 in Lanarkshire.
Her father was Patrick Cockburn - no info on him other than when he died and can't find the death of Scot People.  His wife's first name is not given on the baptism for their youngest child (can't find any other baptisms, including Anna's) but her surname was Home & she was the brother of Sir David Home. Plenty of info on him and how he was guardian to Anna Cockburn.
KERNICK, TABB, JACKA, VEALL(Pzb-Cornwall); FRASER (Yks); RICHARDS, CHURCHER , MORGAN (Hampshire - NZ); EDDIE,TOUGH, CULLEN, URE, RAE, DOBBIE (Abd-Stirling);BLACKIE, JACK, GOURLEY, RITCHIE, S'VILLE, HALDANE, RANKINE, BALKS, FLUCKER (Sct); LEWIS, PULLIN; JAMES (Mon); MORGAN, DAVIES (Pem);BAKER, MINSHULL (Staff-London); THOMSON, CRAIG (Mdl); DIACK, MANN MATHIESON, MILNE, CRAIG, HAMILTON (Abd-Ayr); SMELLIE, GOLDSMITH, CARDOO (Lnk); GALL, EADON, YOUNG (Clk); BAXTER, BROADLEY, BOWNESS,HANDFORD,VOISEY