Author Topic: Elsie Victoria Lawrence  (Read 8312 times)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elsie Victoria Lawrence
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 30 May 12 06:19 BST (UK) »
Deaths,
March qtr 1854
Sculcoates district    vol 9d, page 99

Tancock, William

June qtr 1854
Sculcoates district    vol 9d, page 113

Tancock, Elizabeth
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Jessies Mum

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 30 May 12 06:24 BST (UK) »
Wow, so close to each other in their deaths  :'(

Offline anthony123

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 20 January 13 10:36 GMT (UK) »
I picked up on your information re Tancocks

My wife is a Lawrence and i have spent many years researching her line which goes back to William Tancock and Elizabeth Lawrence.

JACOB TANCOCK changed his name to LAWRENCE when he moved to BRISTOL 185? it being his mothers maiden name.  Why ? I do not know. He is in census records for CLIFTON and other Bristol suburbs.

He did mary Elizabeth Marshall of Scawby Brook Lincs

WILLIAM TANCOCK was born in WICKLOW TOWN if his army discharge papers are correct. He was in the ROYAL ARTILLERY  1803-1818 and enlisted in Manchester. He had three children whilst in the RA in Drypool, Newcastle on Tyne and Charlton. See army births.

He married Elizabeth Lawrence born Sunderland 1783 in Sculacoates (Hull) but his name was noted as Hancock.

You may know all of this but

Regards

ARW

Offline Jessies Mum

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 22 July 14 02:10 BST (UK) »
Have just discovered Elsie / Victoria's death - in Auckland, New Zealand in 1936!

Offline mjnz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 02 November 19 10:51 GMT (UK) »
After her separation from her husband, Victoria Elsie LAWRENCE was living with her sister in Bristol on the 1911 census. Sometime after that, she moved to Birmingham. On 28 Aug 1931, she left the port at Liverpool aboard the SS "Duchess of Atholl" headed to visit a Lawrence nephew in the USA on her way to New Zealand. She arrived in Auckland on 27th Dec 1931 aboard the SS "Aorangi", having left from Vancouver.

I think she travelled back and forth to Sydney, Australia to visit her youngest son, Kenneth, occasionally, but haven't found passenger manifests yet to confirm. Her eldest son, Robert (my g-grandfather), was living in Rotorua at the time, and her middle son, Duncan, was living in Newmarket in Auckland East.

I have a birth certificate for Elsie if you'd like a copy. I plan to get a death cert too, when I have spare cash, as I am fascinated by this lady. Wish I could find a photo of her, but her manifest card in 1931 describes her as 5'6", fair complexioned, with brown hair & blue eyes.

That whole Dunbar family makes for some great stories!
Allen, Dunbar, Ferguson, Rutherford, Outram, May