Author Topic: Newport Pagnell Workhouse Records 1850's  (Read 3678 times)

Offline vivijune

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Newport Pagnell Workhouse Records 1850's
« Reply #9 on: Friday 18 April 14 22:53 BST (UK) »
Thank you for correcting the birth date on Caroline to 1851 and for seeing that she had been adopted to the name of Fensome as part of the household with her step brothers in 1871, just before she married Charles Huckle and moved to Clifton Reynes.

I took an interest in Reuben Wright and Charles Flute because they lived so close to William Hart Flute and Harriet in tiny Astwood Bury and because they got in trouble for stealing fodder and went to prison for one day. I'd have to look up the year but I think it was in March. They had young families so perhaps it was to get a milk cow through the winter- just guessing.

Thanks for the additional Wright details and for Harriet related information. I'm looking forward to seeing those 2 birth certificates for the children though I doubt it will show anything.

Offline flateric999

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 19 April 14 22:13 BST (UK) »
I hope the certificates tell you something!

I think we have discussed the antics of Rueben and Charles before, and yes they where close since Charles was Ruebens brother in law!!

Harriet, apparently is the "1st cousin of husband of 2nd great grand aunt" according to my research because her father, William Walker Flute is the brother of Thomas Flute who married Suzzanna Wright, There son is the Charles who married Eliza, Ruebens sister.

Confusing eh?

Mike

Offline vivijune

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 19 April 14 22:47 BST (UK) »
I don't think the Flutes are as confusing as your Wrights! What a job to get them sorted.

Children of James Flute and Sarah (Walker) Flute daughter of a victualler of Astwood.

Lucy Flute 1799
William Walker Flute 1801
John Flute  1805
Thomas Walker Flute 1808
Jonas Walker Flute 1810

Any thoughts on the location of those cottages when Charles Flute lived next door to Reuben in Astwood Bury?

Offline flateric999

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 20 April 14 07:07 BST (UK) »
I only found the pair a while back. Derelict now but looks probable. Just set back off the main road at the Newport end of Astwood.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/10346091@N07/sets/72157644115142052/