Author Topic: Trevanions  (Read 33342 times)

Offline Vesta

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Trevanions
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 24 September 06 12:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dave  I can't look at The Times until this evening-just expecting visitors. You have really been most helpful. Vesta

Offline Trevanion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 15 August 08 11:54 BST (UK) »
My grandmother is Mary Hope Trevanion nee Stacey (b.1910 and still with us) and my grandfather was Hugh Trevanion, my great half aunt is Joanna (also my godmother), my father is David Trevanion (only son of Hugh and Mary b. 1946) if there are any questions I can answer, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Christina Trevanion

Offline Vesta

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 16 August 08 19:05 BST (UK) »
Thank you for making contact-- this is very exciting. Your GGGGrandma  Charlotte Trelawny is a younger sister of my G. Grandfather Edward John Trelawny-- rather famous for burying the Poet Shelley. She married John Charles Bettesworth Trevanion.
If you are agreeable we could correspond by e-mail. I could then print out & scan what I know & attach it & perhaps I may be able to help you. I am in my 70's & do not profess to be very clever on the computer.
My father & Grandparents apparently knew Hugh Arundel Trevanion who died in Bexhill. I was born in Bexhill.
In great anticipation
Vesta Darnell

Offline Trevanion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 18 August 08 09:22 BST (UK) »
That would be wonderful, the address is christinaAThalls.to

Look forward to hearing from you

Kindest regards

Christina Trevanion

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 18 August 08 09:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Christina
Welcome to rootschat.  It might be better if you amend your email to put AT instead of @.   We do not usually put on email addresses in case they are picked up by spammers.   You click the modify button against your post and it will let you change then it - then click save.     A moderator will change it for you if they see it.  When you have been a member for longer you will be able to send private messages by clicking on the scroll beside a name so no-one can then see your email if you send it.
Andrea

Offline Trevanion

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 18 August 08 09:53 BST (UK) »
Thank you!! such a novice to all this!!

Offline Vesta

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 18 August 08 13:16 BST (UK) »
I have read your reply but they cut out your e-mail for security.. We are not allowed to put info on this site about living people, & as we are both alive & want to find info on living people I'm not sure how we proceed. ( someone may tell us)
I have printed a family tree for you ready to post-- we go on hols shortly.
We are 3rd cousins 3 times removed.
Vesta

Offline Kappalyn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 10 November 08 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have only just joined. My grandmother was a Trevanion. There are so few Trevanions around I would think they all must be somehow related. She was Florence Helena Trevanion born Bombala, NSW Australia.  Her g. grandfather was Charles Henry Trevanion born probably around 1800s.  He was an officer in the British Army. She said the family came from Cornwall. But I cannot find anything about Charles Henry.  Can anybody help?
Thanks
Reynallt
Sharp,
Trevanion

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 11 November 08 08:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kappalyn and welcome to rootschat
Army records are very good so you should be able to find out about Charles from those.  It would help if you can pin him down a bit more though.  What children did he have and when and where were they born?   Who did he marry?   When?  Deaths?   
Vesta - I hope you have made contact with Trevanion by now.  If you click on the name or green scroll by the name it gives you the option to send them a personal message.  You can then exchange addresses etc but nobody else can see them.  New members have to have three posts before they can do this.
Andrea