Author Topic: Matthew Bell/ Salkeld/Woolsington Hall  (Read 33819 times)

Offline jwinon

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Matthew Bell/ Salkeld/Woolsington Hall
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 26 January 11 23:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi  to you both - I have sent private messages with regards to sending pictures as I have quite a few of Woolsington Hall and also pictures of the Bells themselves.

Patti - just for info - I can trace the Bells ancestors back 23 generations to Edward III - so you can always boast your g g grandmother worked for relations to royalty!

cheers

Linda

Hi Linda, I wondered if you are still searching for information on Matthew Bell.  Would love to hear from you.

Offline Pipermike

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 27 January 11 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Didn't get a private message about Woolsington. Mind you, I am new to this site and haven't fully worked it out yet.
Can you help?

Offline sbp

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 08 February 11 15:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi - I'm from Canada. 

I have more information on 4 MORE Bells of Woolsington painted portraits ]that belong to the same collection of Bell portaits mentioned in JMR's April 20, 2009 post.

We are trying to identify the beautiful young lady in the elegant clothes in one of these  4 painting.   
 I'm thinking she could possibly be (Anne) Jane Salkeld ..... just a guess from the richness of the clothing that appear to be Silk, with a large jewel.

We are interested in seeing more photos from Woolsington.   Would love to hear from someone.

Offline lindjemp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 26 February 11 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Just remembered about this thread and though I would resurrect it - if anyone would like photos of Woolsington Hall just let me know - I would love to see the painting of the lady as I would like to see what one of my ancestors looks like.

Offline bellfalcon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 08 March 11 22:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello fellow Woolsington and Bell relations.
My husband is the last of the surname Bell's and we have been working on the Bell Family tree within ancestry.ca.   We would be delighted to make contact and to share pictures etc of both the Bells of Woolsington, and Woolsington itself.   Someone mentioned they had pictures of the Bells, as do we.  Ours are portraits (unidentified but apparently Bell ancestors), except for one which appears to be Matthew Bell Esq., M.P.  (who is my husbands 2nd Great Grand Uncle)

Matthew Bell b 1677 is my husband's  6th Great Grandfather.

Looking forward to hearing back and making contact.
thanks very much

Offline lindjemp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 08 March 11 22:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi - glad I resurrected this thread! Matthew Bell (1677) was my 10x great grandfather  - if you would like to private message me with your email address I have 2 family trees on Excel - one from Matthew Bell 1677 and one from Matthew Bell 1793 down to me - I also have quite a few pictures of Woolsington Hall and the Bell Family - I'm all excited to find another relative!!!!

My connection to the Bell family is via my great grandmother Margaret Ellen Bell who was the daughter of Charles Lorraine Bell who owned Woolsington Hall. He was the son of Matthew Bell of Woolsington (1768) whose great grandfather was Matthew Bell (1677)

Would love to hear from you

Kind regards

Linda

Offline bellfalcon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 08 March 11 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello Linda,
This is fantastic!!!!
Please forgive my ignorance at using rootschat (it is my first time logging in), and I can't seem to find the way to mark a message private as you suggested.

Might I suggest that you send one to me and then I should be able to respond back in private (I assume).

This is most exciting and yes we have LOTS of information on the Bell side, so very much looking forward to hearing from you.
Bellfalcon

Offline bellfalcon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 08 March 11 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda,
I sent you a test email....

My husbands Great Grandfather was (Rev) Henry Bell, brother of Charles Loraine Bell, and up the line as you mention.
It would appear that you and my husband are related and according to my family tree files you would be 3rd cousins 1x removed. 
How exciting!
cheers,
Bellfalcon

Offline lindjemp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 09 March 11 22:59 GMT (UK) »
This is great - really good to find new relatives!I looked up Henry Bell on my tree - is he the one that was Vicar of Muncaster and married Katherine Fitzgerald?

I got your private message - I will pm you with my email address and send you the family trees I have.

cheers

Linda