Author Topic: Cemetery in Glasgow (Argyle Street area)  (Read 7479 times)

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cemetery in Glasgow (Argyle Street area)
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 09:42 GMT (UK) »
If the records only go up to 1917 would this not suggest it was full by then and no longer in use?

Offline miss magee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 10:16 GMT (UK) »
John Cameron and his wife were my grandparents, which means that your grandmother, whose name begins with M, is my aunt.  My mother is  your great-aunt, and still lives in Glasgow.  Your mother is one of two sisters who are both my cousins (obviously!!)
I have many fond memories of my grandfather, but my gran died while I was young.  They lived in a tenement building at 838 Argyle Street, which is near Elderslie Street, on the middle floor of three. Your grandmother often looked after me when I was a young child.  Before she married your grandfather she used to lodge in a house in Exeter Drive in Glasgow with a Mrs Johnstone.  I always remember that she  had the tiniest feet, and took a size 3 in uk sizes.  She was very dainty.  Her eldest sister was called  Anna, and lived in the US, another sister Rena and my mum.  Brothers Jim, Ewan and Dougie.  Only my mum and your gran still alive.

Offline MissMacCallum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 10:35 GMT (UK) »
John Cameron and his wife were my grandparents, which means that your grandmother, whose name begins with M, is my aunt.  My mother is  your great-aunt, and still lives in Glasgow.  Your mother is one of two sisters who are both my cousins (obviously!!)
I have many fond memories of my grandfather, but my gran died while I was young.  They lived in a tenement building at 838 Argyle Street, which is near Elderslie Street, on the middle floor of three. Your grandmother often looked after me when I was a young child.  Before she married your grandfather she used to lodge in a house in Exeter Drive in Glasgow with a Mrs Johnstone.  I always remember that she  had the tiniest feet, and took a size 3 in uk sizes.  She was very dainty.  Her eldest sister was called  Anna, and lived in the US, another sister Rena and my mum.  Brothers Jim, Ewan and Dougie.  Only my mum and your gran still alive.

Oh wow, I thought it might be one of you guys when I saw your username! I'll PM you :)
Cameron (Morvern, Oban)
MacCallum (Lismore)
Buchanan (Lismore)
Connell (Lismore)
Leishman (Cumbernauld)
Adam (Lanark/Fife)
Gilfillan (Lanark)

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 11:13 GMT (UK) »
Oh wow, I thought it might be one of you guys when I saw your username! I'll PM you :)

Missmagee will need to make one more post before the PM system is made available. If you try sending a PM before that the system will probably return an error message saying mailbox full.

Offline MissMacCallum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 11:16 GMT (UK) »

Missmagee will need to make one more post before the PM system is made available. If you try sending a PM before that the system will probably return an error message saying mailbox full.

Ah, OK! Didn't know that :) Haven't gotten any error message yet, but we'll see.

Thanks.
Cameron (Morvern, Oban)
MacCallum (Lismore)
Buchanan (Lismore)
Connell (Lismore)
Leishman (Cumbernauld)
Adam (Lanark/Fife)
Gilfillan (Lanark)

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 11:40 GMT (UK) »
You could try the Mitchell Library. The last time I spoke to them I seem to recall that an exercise to digitize the burial records was underway and that probably it would be possible to search them in the library.
This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 12:32 GMT (UK) »
You could try the Mitchell Library. The last time I spoke to them I seem to recall that an exercise to digitize the burial records was underway and that probably it would be possible to search them in the library.

Not yet, have a read at http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=703461.0

Offline deebel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 28 October 14 13:15 GMT (UK) »

Not yet, have a read at http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=703461.0

Thanks for that Falkyrn
This post is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws. Unfortunately my preferred method of writing (Parker Quink on Basildon Bond) cannot be used.