Author Topic: Joy or Ivy?  (Read 6946 times)

Offline Christmas bush

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joy or Ivy?
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 13 February 14 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm looking into Herbert Edgar Firman as he married a 3rd cousin. Just joined and one posting has already failed. Would love some help.

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christmas Bush,

Many thanks for your replies, very much appreciated.

My apologies for the lack of response, I have had rather a busy week!

You say that you are unable to find Herbert, I assume that you mean on the 1911 Census? I do have some information regarding Herbert & would be delighted to share it with you.

I notice there is a PM from you as well, I shall respond to that as well.

Lastly, I would like to offer you a warm welcome to Rootschat & hope that you find it as friendly & as helpful as I have.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline Christmas bush

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 21:04 GMT (UK) »
I didn't know if I was posting correctly. :-)

Thanks for your message. I have birth 1906 then a blank until 1939. 1942 he married my cousin (distant). He then shares same address with her and her mother and briefly with her brother and his wife. 1965 to 1992 are a blank. He died March 1992 and was 82. Emily nee Christmas died 2000. I don't know which part of the family you are from but glad you have some knowledge. The Firman side are an interesting family.

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 21:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christmas Bush,

Have sent/replied to your PM with further info & explanation as to my connection. The Firman's certainly were an interesting family. Herbert Edgar was one of 4 children born to Edgar George Firman & Caroline Ivy Phillips. Caroline Ivy being my gt gt aunt, sister to my gt grandfather Robert Sydney Phillips.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)