Author Topic: Ann Harmond/Harman ... Buckinghamshire  (Read 2792 times)

Offline Tavy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann Harmond/Harman ... Buckinghamshire
« on: Wednesday 11 December 13 05:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

"Emma Rose born 18 Jun 1821 and baptised 29 Jul 1821 bastard daughter of Ann Harmond & John Rose reputed father of Little Marlow, labourer."

I cannot find Ann Harmond ... on ancestry although after marriage to John Rose she is referred to as Ann Rose. Can anyone access records to see who was her family, her parents and maybe when she died. It seems she had at least 11 children and maybe even 14.

Two of the children - Elizabeth and Louisa appears on 1841 C as being 12 and 8. I have found no further record of them. Is there records of these daughters births and deaths. Louisa may have been called Lucy.

With anticipation
Tavy

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Harmond/Harman ... Buckinghamshire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 11:21 GMT (UK) »
There is a death for Ann Rose 1872 aged 71 in Wycombe Buckinghamshire she was in that area on the 1871 census ..A tree on Ancestry has them married 22/7/1821 at St John the Baptist but no parent's mentioned .

Offline Tavy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 19:41 GMT (UK) »
thank you, and there does not appear to be that family name in the area.  (Harmond I mean)
Tavy

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 December 13 14:10 GMT (UK) »

Two of the children - Elizabeth and Louisa appears on 1841 C as being 12 and 8. I have found no further record of them. Is there records of these daughters births and deaths. Louisa may have been called Lucy.

1841 has both a Louisa age 3 and Lucey age 8 as part of this family   :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 12 December 13 15:02 GMT (UK) »
Little Marlow PRs (Bucks FHS CD) has a NANCY Harman baptised on 24 April 1803 d/o Robert & Ann and Nancy is a familiar form of Ann - but the same couple have an Ann baptised 17 Feb 1788 (too early to be yours) and Hannah baptised 25 Dec 1793. There is also a burial for Ann Harman, child, on 21 July 1797 so Nancy may have been named for her.  :-\

Just to confuse matters, there is a baptism in GREAT Marlow for an Ann Harman on 8 Jan 1804 d/o Richard & Maria.

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 December 13 16:38 GMT (UK) »
Apart from Emma, the Little Marlow CD has the following births/baptisms for children of John & Ann Rose. I'm not sure they are all belonging to your couple:-

James born Feb 1823 (no exact date given), baptised 9 Mar 1823 s/o John, labourer, & Ann Rose of The Fearn.
Mary Ann born 8 Aug 1824, baptised 29 Aug 1824 d/o John, labourer, & Ann Rose of Westhorpe.
William baptised 28 May 1826 s/o John, labourer, & Ann Rose of Westhorpe.
Elizabeth baptised 23 Nov 1828 d/o John, labourer, & Ann Rose of Spring Gardens.
Charles baptised 6 Mar 1831 s/o John, labourer, & Ann Rose of Spring Gardens.
Abraham baptised 3 Mar 1833 s/o John, labourer, & Ann Rose of Spring Gardens.
Lucy born 16 Mar 1835, baptised 19 Apr 1835 d/o John, labourer, & Ann Rose of Spring Gardens.
Louisa born 21 Feb 1837, baptised 12 Mar 1837 d/o John, labourer, & Ann Rose of Spring Gardens.
John born 1 Feb 1839, baptised 3 Mar 1839 s/o John, labourer, & Ann Rose of Spring Gardens.
Catherine born 8 Jul 1841, baptised 1 Aug 1841 d/o John, labourer, & Ann Rose of Spring Gardens.
George born 12 Apr baptised 7 May 1843 s/o John, labourer, & Ann Rose of Spring Gardens.
Mary baptised 28 Apr 1844 d/o John, labourer, & Ann Rose of Cold Moorholme.
Thomas born 28 Jan 1845, baptised 23 Feb 1845 s/o John, labourer, & Ann of Spring Gardens.
Ellen born 18 Jul 1846, baptised 30 Aug 1846 d/o John, labourer, & Ann of Cold Moorholme.
both baptised 18 Jul 1852 Jesse and John children of John, labourer & Ann of Old Workhouse. ( John buried 5 Mar 1856 of well End, Cold Moorholme).

I think George & Ellen, Jesse and John may belong to another couple of the same name (there are lots of Roses in Little Marlow) but at least you can send for the birth certificates to be sure.

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Tavy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 12 December 13 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for such a wonderful lot of information, that's great Jill and it proves the name Harman was about in the district. I thinks the following may be "my" Ann but unusual the of 13 children she had none were named after her father ... Richard. Maybe he was an unworthy father. Maybe he was "transported"

"a baptism in GREAT Marlow for an Ann Harman on 8 Jan 1804 d/o Richard & Maria."

Perhaps follow up who was Richard Harman?

Many Thanks

Tavy