Author Topic: Children of Herbert Timms & Harriet Betts-Long Crendon  (Read 1926 times)

Offline jenn270

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Children of Herbert Timms & Harriet Betts-Long Crendon
« on: Friday 20 June 14 01:53 BST (UK) »
Is anyone working on this family? I have info for 10 children and wonder if there were more? The eldest one I have is Gertrude, b. 1886 and the youngest Lilian, b. 1903.
Thanks!

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Children of Herbert Timms & Harriet Betts-Long Crendon
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 June 14 02:35 BST (UK) »
It seems unlikely there were more children - by 1911 they had 10 children -all still living - Lilian the youngest - and as Harriet was in her late 40's (48) it seems doubtful any more children were born after 1911

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jenn270

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 June 14 12:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks for looking! No, I wasn't thinking of more children having been born after Lilian but wondered if I had missed any before that. Someone had included a "Rose" with no date of birth but I see no birth or death records for her.

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 June 14 15:37 BST (UK) »
Hi

"Rose" could be "Rosalind" ?

Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline jenn270

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 June 14 15:40 BST (UK) »
It could but her list shows both a Rose and a Rosalind. I've tried to contact the one who posted it but have had no success. Thanks for checking!

Hi

"Rose" could be "Rosalind" ?

Ray

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 17:35 BST (UK) »
There is no "Rose" with the family on any census - there is a "Rosalind" -possibly this is her birth reg ?
Rosalind Marion Timms Jun qtr 1901 Thame - and there is a marriage to Richard George Cooke Dec qtr 1920 Hampstead

Herbert & Harriet state they had 10 children -all living in a later census
I haven't looked for birth reg's of the children but from census it seems there was Gertrude, William, Ralph, Jessie, Reginald, Frederick Hounslow, May, Kathleen, Rosalind, Lilian

As you have found there are no birth or death recods for "Rose" during Harriet's childbearing years.

Maybe the tree you looked at isn't well sourced?

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 24 June 14 22:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks for looking! No, I wasn't thinking of more children having been born after Lilian but wondered if I had missed any before that. Someone had included a "Rose" with no date of birth but I see no birth or death records for her.

I suspect that Ray was on the right track by suggesting Rose could be Rosalind it's quite logical to expect Rosalind to be shortened to Rose (or Rosa) for everyday use, the fact there are no birth or baptism dates and no Census sightings for a Rose make that supposition even more likely.

Regards.
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?