Author Topic: Can I find out more about Duntocher death? Man falls 80 feet.  (Read 6411 times)

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can I find out more about Duntocher death? Man falls 80 feet.
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 10 September 13 14:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the photo's Myyran, they are fantastic to see  :) It was eerie looking at the photo of "Greenie Hoose"

Unfortunately their mother died in 1906, all which was left of their immediate family was their father James, older sister Margaret, younger sister Jessie and younger brother William who was too young to join up, thank god for that. Jessie and William moved to New Jersey, USA in the early 1920's, Margaret married and became a Paton, and poor old James Munn died an old lonely man in Lochgilphead Asylum in 1945. He never saw his daughter-in-laws or grandchildren. So sad  :'(

Thanks again for the photo's

Pettsy
Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton

Offline myyran

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can I find out more about Duntocher death? Man falls 80 feet.
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 11 September 13 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hard to believe all this could happen to one family...its just so sad.
Stevenson,Wright,  Antrim, Armagh.
McGowan,McGregor, Wright, Alexandria.   Grattan, McCauley. Ireland