Author Topic: Francis Walter  (Read 2525 times)

Offline berylsmart

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Francis Walter
« on: Wednesday 23 October 13 09:31 BST (UK) »
I know this man was from Roch, Pembrokeshire, but can find no other trace of him re birth etc. Any help. He married in Hodgeston in the 1790s.

Offline dillbryn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Walter
« Reply #1 on: Monday 28 October 13 21:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
 I to am researching the Walter family of Roch,  I recently seen some parish records of Roch, there was a birth of Ann, a daughter of Francis Walter and Elizabeth Gibbon in 1796; and in 1788  a son David to Francis and Elizabeth Walter;  and in 1809 26 sept birth of Francis Walters, I do not know if these are relevent to your research.

regards dillbryn

Offline berylsmart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 October 13 22:29 GMT (UK) »
Those names are very helpful to me and are the right family. Have you got any further back? ie. to find the birth of Francis senior, who married Elizabeth Gibbon and went on to have those children?

Offline dillbryn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Sorry no I have not any information further back than that, the line I am working on is a David Walters born about 1795 to 1800 do you have any info on him and does he fit into your ancestors.

regards dillbryn

Offline berylsmart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 20:09 GMT (UK) »
david Walters is not familiar to me. Where does he fit in in relation to Francis Walters. i have two lots of Walters in my research. Esther Walters, the daughter of Francis Walters and Elizabeth Gibbon married a John Walters from the same area of Pembrokeshire. They married in 1821. Does John Walters connect in any way with david? I will look into it.

Offline dillbryn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 02 November 13 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi,  I have not connected Francis Walters to David either, when John Walters and Esther Walters married the witnesses were William Walters which was Davids brother and Stephen Sinnett who is also related to the Walters.  I think Francis and David were probably cousins.  davids father was Thomas walters he married in Roch in 1784, also married in Roch Henry Walters in 1760 and a David Walters in 1771 one of these may be the father of  your Francis