Author Topic: SINCOCK/SIMCOCK & CHENOWETH Cornwall to South Australia  (Read 24346 times)

Offline abedge

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SINCOCK/SIMCOCK & CHENOWETH Cornwall to South Australia
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 06 August 11 13:10 BST (UK) »
Bob,
I am descended from a brother of your Elizabeth May (nee Bedggood), whose name was George.
I dare say that you know that six of Elizabeth's siblings came to Australia to live (and die), although her youngest brother Josiah later went to New Zealand and met up with his cousins there before passing away in 1911.

I know next to nothing about the Mays in SA but I do hve a copy of Elizabeth, Charles and Josiah Mays birth certificates.

I would like to share the history of the 1850's  if you wish, but I have no yearnings to try and learn all of the May clan in SA. However, the connection and arrival of so many from the one family coming to Australia is of interest to me.

Lets see where we get to.

Alan
Bedggood,

Offline abedge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 06 August 11 13:41 BST (UK) »
Bob,
Just looked up Jane 1845 and she is presumably the youngest of 6 daughters to James Bedggood. James is an older brother of your Elizabeth May (nee Bedggood) and my George Bedggood.

James came to Australia in 1849.

More if you require it.

regards
Alan
Bedggood,

Offline tpibob44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 07 August 11 06:44 BST (UK) »
Hi Alan
Would love to exchange. email (*)
Josiah going to NZ was after the death of his wife and dau Ada and son in 1874. Son Alfred Died in NZ so but didn't go till after 1894 when 2nd child was born in Victoria

Moderator Comment: email address removed to help prevent spam and other abuses as per RootsChat Policy. Please use our secure PM (personal message) system to share email addresses and other personal information. Thank You.

Note: New members need to make 3 postings before the PM system is fully functional

For Information on How to Send a PM

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

MAY BEDGGOOD PACKER ALLEN RODWAY WORKMAN HIGHMAN PIERCE KIRKMAN HADLEY

Offline abedge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 08 August 11 23:25 BST (UK) »
Bob,
Just re-found an 8th member of teh family that came to Australia - Elizabeth's eldest sister Ann who came in 1853 with her husband John Stone, on the same ship (Janettze - a dutch barge) as two of her brothers - Charles and Daniel.

There were so many coming here, with their spouce and children. What was their interactions here during those early days?

Email following.
Alan
Bedggood,

Offline topjars

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 14 March 13 02:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,
Im trying to track down any info on John Sincock (37 years) and Jane Sincock (39 years)( nee Fradd) who emigrated to Port Adelaide July 3 1888 with a son William John (4 years)

John was from Truro and a blacksmith Jane was from Padstow.

Any help would be greatly received.
Thanks
Gary

FRADD PARKER

Offline KableWalker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 27 July 13 15:28 BST (UK) »
Jack
I've looked up John & Jane Simcock/Sincock in South Australian Genealogy and so far I can't find anything about them. They didn't leave Adelaide for the countryside to farm and there's no blacksmith business listed for John, nor does William John marry in South Australia. I couldn't find them in the mining town of Broken Hill where lots of Simcock/Sincocks had stacks of children either (although John & Jane must have finished their family with William John as they were in their late 30s on arrival). I think they might have travelled to Victoria in search of work- there was still a goldrush there, whereas South Australia was settled into copper and tin mining (like Cornwall). Unfortunately even Australians can't access the Victorian BMDs without paying to look, so you'd need to use contacts or a facility like Ancestry to delve into Victorian records.
Sorry about the lack of success, but I did look hard!
Scratch the Victorians next!
Cheers
Kay
[South Australia]
In search of Simcock/Sincock who ended up in Auckland New Zealand, producing my cousin, Alan Simcock about 1952. I don't know how we are related!

Offline KableWalker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 11 April 14 00:42 BST (UK) »

Hello again Gary
I have discovered a marriage added to the SA Genealogy site, for William John Sincock to Florence Robina Arriola in 1903, registered at Adelaide, South Australia. Go to http://www.genealogysa.org.au/
to search for any offspring etc.
Cheers
Kay

Offline seeking0

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 07 June 23 09:59 BST (UK) »
Births

SIMCOCK Mary Ann 3 Feb 1857 Strathalbyn Dist Str 10 171Parents John SIMCOCK and Julia Ann THOMAS

SIMCOCK Alfred 11 May 1858 St Ives Dist Str Symbol A 14 288 Parents John SIMCOCK and Julia THOMAS

SIMCOCK Sarah 21 Sep- 1860 Scotts Creek Dist Str 21 400 Parents John SIMCOCK and Julia Ann THOMAS

SIMCOCK Elizabeth 28 May 1862 Callington Dist Str 25 246 Parents John SIMCOCK and Julia Ann THOMAS

SINCOCK Benjamin 6 Feb 1864 Kanmantoo Dist Str 30 136 parents John SINCOCK and Julia Ann THOMAS

SIMCOCK Edwin 12 Nov 1865 Scotts Creek Dist Str 39 376 Parents John SIMCOCK and Julia formerly SMITH nee THOMAS

SIMCOCK Isaac 27 Apr 1869 Menkoo Farm Dist Str 73 436 Parents John SIMCOCK and Julia THOMAS

SIMCOCK Oscar Jacob 2 Aug 1871 Nr Kanmantoo Dist Str 99 339 Parents John SIMCOCK and Julia formerly SMITH nee THOMAS

SIMCOCK Thomas 21 Apr 1873 Nr Kanmantoo Dist Str 122 544 Parents John SIMCOCK and Julia formerly SMITH nee THOMAS

SIMCOCK Emma 3 Sep 1876 North Yelta Dist Dal 171 464 Parents John SIMCOCK and Julia Ann THOMAS

Thats 10 - I also see this but Julia seems a little old

SIMCOCK Arthur William 7 Nov 1886 Kanmantoo Dist Str 384 230 father not recorded mother Julia Ann SIMCOCK

Cheers Kris  :)

John and Julia are buried in the same grave at West Terrace Cemetery and on their headstone Arthur William SIMCOCK (who is buried at Bute Cemetery) is named as their grandson. He is also named as Julia's grandson in his death notice http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article89162286

I would speculate that he was the illegitimate son of one of their daughters.