Author Topic: Looking for the O'Briens.  (Read 11098 times)

Offline judge99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for the O'Briens.
« on: Saturday 26 September 09 20:42 BST (UK) »
I thought that the 1911 census would be the answer my prayers but alas, I still can't find my GGrandfather Matthew O'Brien who was married to Mary Daly. Matthew who is shown as a constable / farmer on his daughters Annie Marie  O'Brien's to John Larrigy marriage certificate  in 1910 in Dublin.           I have checked the DMP records where there is only one Mathew O'Brien listed who seemed to fit the bill as he was from Co.Meath and Annie Marie is shown in the census as being born in Co.Meath 1882. Anne Marie had a brother William shown as being born in Dublin in 1889 according to the 1911 census which would make sense if Matthew  had moved to Dublin to be come a member of the DMP, but I have had contact with this Mathew's GGrandson who says that his Mathew married twice as I believe mine did, but his was not to a Mary Daly. I have checked the RIC records whilst in Dublin last week where 3 Matthew O'Brien's are listed but they do not fit in at all. Some of the family lived at 20 Leeson Park Avenue in 1910/1911. It may seem odd but  I can not find Annie Marie birth record, I can not find Matthew's marriage to Mary Daly in the records,I can not find the most important one...my Grandmother in the records,she was Teresa O'Brien. Teresa was the youngest of Matthews children. She is shown on her husbands (Daniel Bushe)RIC records as being born in Kings Co. in 1894. She does not seem to be on the all ireland census, I do have her death certificate at aged 34............any advice or help would be much appreciated as on many trips to Dublin from UK have been many times over the 5 years and I can't  break down the brick wall.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for the O'Briens.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 September 09 21:12 BST (UK) »
Have you tried searching 1911 census with Brien instead of O'Brien?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline judge99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 September 09 21:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you for reply....I have tried Brien and also OBrien but to no avail

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 26 September 09 22:33 BST (UK) »
not sure if this is one of the records you already looked at ..

this Matthew is a DMP pensioner is living in Dublin,born in Co. Meath - but he is only married to his wife 7 years. He is a little bit older than her, so it could be his second marriage.. 

http://census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/North_Dock/Amiens_St_/22339/

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline judge99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 September 09 19:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Shane
Thank you for that Matthew but unfortunately that's the Matthew I mentioned as fitting the bill but his family say that his first wife was not Mary Daly.............perhaps he married 3 times or am I just getting too desperate.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 27 September 09 20:21 BST (UK) »
what residence/address is listed for Annie Marie O'Brien on her 1910 marriage cert ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline judge99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 27 September 09 21:03 BST (UK) »
She was living with her Auntie Bridget O'Brien and Brother William at 20 Leeson Park Avenue Dublin  but on the 1911 census she is now Annie Marie Larrigy living in No 2 Thomastown Demesn,Drumcullen,Kings County
Phil

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 27 September 09 21:05 BST (UK) »
are you sure that Annie Marie's father (Matthew) was still alive in 1911 ?

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline judge99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 27 September 09 21:19 BST (UK) »
On the marriage of both Annie Marie and Teresa it does not show him as deceased which it generally  does but on the church marriage certificate of Teresa (1916 marriage) it shows Mary as deceased,but perhaps that implied both were deceased never thought about that before......
Phil