Author Topic: Goldings in Halstead  (Read 839 times)

Offline jibba

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted
    • View Profile
Goldings in Halstead
« on: Saturday 12 July 14 10:27 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm trying to find a baptism record for my ancestor Sarah Golding, aka Golden, who was born c.1801 in Halstead according to census records.

Despite census records showing several Goldings being born in the Halstead area around the 1800-1820 period, I have not yet been able to link them together.

I have looked at the Halstead registers for Sarah's baptism but I cannot seem to find it there or in any of the neighbouring parishes. Are there any independent chapels in the area I might have missed?

Is there anyone out there that has researched this family that might be able to point me in the right direction?

Offline Jolee

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Goldings in Halstead
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 July 14 14:21 BST (UK) »
Do you know who her parents were, also it was common practice in thepast to baptised more than one child at a time so her baptism date could be later

Offline jibba

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 July 14 10:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Jolee

No I don't know who her parents were. I looked as far as ~1806 in the Halstead PR's to find Sarah in case she was baptised late, but she was not there.

The only other document I have seen with a Golding name on it is her husband's death certificate, which lists a James Golding who was present at the death. He could be the James Goldng c.1778 who was living in Halstead in the 1841-1851 census', which in turn makes him a likely candidate to be Sarah's father

Online tomm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 12:13 BST (UK) »

Hi
No doubt you have seen this.....

Fam Search

Birth 18th Feb 1801, christening:   8 March 1801   SAINT MARY THE VIRGIN AT THE WALLS,
Colchester.
Fathers Name:  James Golding
Mothers Name: Jane.

Tom