Author Topic: William FRICKER of Wingfield  (Read 15155 times)

Offline phipps1

• RootsChat Senior
  • under extreme attack but not intimidated
    • View Profile
Re: William FRICKER of Wingfield
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 February 11 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Roger,,that is very kind of you.Yes,there was more than one Fricker on Alderney at that time.
 and presumably a small community there.Interesting !
I am sure we will both keep our eyes open and if we find something relevant,we can connect in the future.
Happy hunting !
Cheers,
phipps
Yorkshire / Wiltshire / Cornwall / Swansea / Cardiff and districts / Australia / South Africa.

You are invited to search "Surname interests" that I have logged.-Thank you !

Offline How1961

• RootsChat Extra
  • George Edmund Fricker 1902
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 30 September 11 13:33 BST (UK) »
Have a look at www.freshford.com/fricker   there are a lot of Frickers there. I too am descended from this line.

Howard Fricker
Wilts & Somerset Fricker
Yorkshire Jowett
Yorkshire Cumbria Yarker

Offline rogden

• RootsChat Extra
  • Grandfather 1896
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 01 October 11 12:05 BST (UK) »
Hello Howard
Thanks for your message. Since I put up my original message I have found out much more Fricker information for my branch. This conclusively proves that the Freshford site contains significant inaccuracies. I haven't been able to find a contact address for the site to inform the owner of these mistakes.
My line descends from Jonathan Fricker & Eleanor of Wingfield who were having children 1695 onwards to about 1718, then via Jeremiah1697-1780  & Rebecca, William 1732-1795 & Margaret, William 1780 & Elizabeth Bailey, William 1801 & Ann Millett.
I can supply greater detail if you are interested.
Roger
Surrey - Miles, Lemon & Keene;
Suffolk - Watson & Barber;
Shropshire - Jones;
Wiltshire & Somerset - Fricker;
Devon - Pope, Sussex, Burch & Revel;
Essex - Sage;
London - Dyett;
Sussex - Bradfield & Lee;
Cornwall - Hutchings, Mitchell & Tom;
Kent -  Day;

Offline How1961

• RootsChat Extra
  • George Edmund Fricker 1902
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 03 October 11 10:27 BST (UK) »
I tried to contact the Freshford site to see where the info came from but couldn't get any joy.I would be very interested in any information that you can share with me on this line.There is also a contact on the one name studies site for Fricker,could be worth a look.

Howard.
Wilts & Somerset Fricker
Yorkshire Jowett
Yorkshire Cumbria Yarker

Offline Lorna1320

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 28 September 12 06:56 BST (UK) »
I'm looking at a copy of a Will dated Dec 1706 for a William Fricker of Rudg in the Parish of Chilmark.  Has anyone seen this one yet?  It lists items going to son Richard, Son Henry, Daughter Mary, Son Edward, Son Thomas, Son Hues, Son John and Daughter Repentance, Daughter Elizabeth.  It mentions his loving wife Repentance whom he made sole Executrix.

Lorna1320
Edinburgh
 :)
MUAT (One Name Study) - World-Wide; Thomson/Burn/Dickson/Herkes/Muat/Briggs - East Lothian; Fyfe/Thomson/Mitchell/Petrie/Donaldson/Rust (plus others) - Angus; Dawson/Mudie - Dundee; McLauchlan - Blair Atholl

Offline west

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 02 October 12 13:33 BST (UK) »

I realise your post is 12 months old and you may have found the marriage between William & Margaret, I recently found this marriage for 1760 in Winkfield/Wingfield and thought I would post it.

5 Jan 1760. William Fricker. Winkfield. Banns. Margaret Helps. Of this parish. Bradford On Avon.

West.
Wilts; Willis/Paintin;
Gloucs; Willis.Westbury on Seven.Hathaway Churcham.Sterry Westbury.
Glam; Hopkin.Daniel.Gethin.Brooks
Devon; Jackson.

Offline rogden

• RootsChat Extra
  • Grandfather 1896
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 05 October 12 19:38 BST (UK) »
Very many thanks for your news, I had not made any progress about Margaret. The marriage date fits the birth of their first child in May 1761 and I know the Fricker family had ties with Bradford on Avon.
I have got a copy of the parish register transcripts for Wingfield published by Wiltshire FHS but it only covers baptisms and burials. Is there now a published marriage register too?
I shall enjoy looking for further evidence of Margaret Helps who, I know, was born about 1740.
Thanks again
Roger
Surrey - Miles, Lemon & Keene;
Suffolk - Watson & Barber;
Shropshire - Jones;
Wiltshire & Somerset - Fricker;
Devon - Pope, Sussex, Burch & Revel;
Essex - Sage;
London - Dyett;
Sussex - Bradfield & Lee;
Cornwall - Hutchings, Mitchell & Tom;
Kent -  Day;

Offline The Grocer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William FRICKER
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 16 April 13 16:00 BST (UK) »
I'm looking at a copy of a Will dated Dec 1706 for a William Fricker of Rudg in the Parish of Chilmark.  Has anyone seen this one yet?  It lists items going to son Richard, Son Henry, Daughter Mary, Son Edward, Son Thomas, Son Hues, Son John and Daughter Repentance, Daughter Elizabeth.  It mentions his loving wife Repentance whom he made sole Executrix.

Lorna1320
Edinburgh
 :)

I do not know if you are still active on this site but I would be very interested in any  more information you have in respect of the forgoing will.
REPENTANCE FRICKER (nee MIST) was my 9th generation maternal grandparent.  I think with that name its more than a co-incidence but I always thought her husband was EDWARD FRICKER of Chilmark...

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 16 April 13 20:59 BST (UK) »
If you click on the user name you can see when someone was last on here.   Lorna was on in Dec 2012 so with luck she should pick up your reply.  You can also try sending a personal message.  Click on the letter icon under her name.