Author Topic: rexter family  (Read 20016 times)

Offline marlz15

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: rexter family
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 14 July 11 15:46 BST (UK) »
I am a 'Rexter' and I seem to be the 3rd cousin of Brenda. I would like to know if you or anyone else, have found any more about the family. I was born and live in Australia. Nearest common relative would be William James Rexter, my 2nd great grandfather.
Looking forward to hearing from anyone on this list
Marlz15

Offline MarjorieS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 15 January 12 08:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I have recently found out that my husband's 3 x great grandmother was a Mary Ann Rexter.  I know from the 1861 census that she was born in Ireland around 1828 and her parents were Thomas Rexter and Catherine Rooney.  She married James Elliott (b c 1824) who was a shoemaker and they had at least two children in Ireland, William b c 1846 and Robert b c 1851 before moving to Glasgow and having 4 further children.  Do any of these names fit in with your research?  Would be good to find where in Ireland they came from.

Thanks

Offline zzjlamb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 31 March 12 07:45 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone. My wife's great great grandmother was Jane Rexter who married William Carson (son of John) on 15th November 1853 at Enniskillen. William was a soldier in the 27th Foot (Inniskilling - the army changed the name), and died in India in 1861. Jane married my wife's great great grandfather a couple of months later. On both marriage records she names her father as William Rexter. I have found an IGI entry for a William Rexter who died at Enniskillen in the March quarter of 1878 aged 76 years, but no other details. I would be grateful if anyone else has information about William and his family. In view of the remarkable rarity of the Rexter name, it is surprising how difficult he is to find!

Offline briighde

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 26 March 14 09:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I have recently found out that my husband's 3 x great grandmother was a Mary Ann Rexter.  I know from the 1861 census that she was born in Ireland around 1828 and her parents were Thomas Rexter and Catherine Rooney.  She married James Elliott (b c 1824) who was a shoemaker and they had at least two children in Ireland, William b c 1846 and Robert b c 1851 before moving to Glasgow and having 4 further children.  Do any of these names fit in with your research?  Would be good to find where in Ireland they came from.

Thanks

I am a rexter from glagow, and my family moved from ireland. I know you probably will never read this, but if you do, email me.. id love to talk!

Offline zzjlamb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 06 April 14 12:22 BST (UK) »
Hello again to briighde and others reading this thread.
It appears that while uncommon elsewhere, the name Rexter was (or is?) common around Fermanagh. It is likely that all our Rexters from that area are related (and therefore we are all related to each other through them). Unfortunately someone needs to sort out where all of them fit into the family. This is difficult due to the destruction of Irish records by fire on two occasions, especially census records.

Offline Pete Beatty

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 23 November 14 04:19 GMT (UK) »
I am searching for the husband of one of my distant relatives.  Here Name was Jane Betty/Beatty and lived in Farnamullen, County Fermanagh, Ireland.  I am looking at a will  document where she is the daughter of Charles and Margaret (Betty/Beatty).  The date of the will in 1814.  If anyone has any information, please respond.