Author Topic: Bawtry / Doncaster Archives lookup request  (Read 1584 times)

Offline scatchardfamily

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Bawtry / Doncaster Archives lookup request
« on: Wednesday 02 July 14 22:32 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help to find this burial?

Henrietta Barkworth, died Doncaster Registration District March quarter 1912, lived in Bawtry since 1871 so expecting the burial there (with her husband also definitely buried there).

Would be very grateful.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Re: Bawtry / Doncaster Archives lookup request
« Reply #1 on: Friday 04 July 14 20:19 BST (UK) »
Doesn't have to be buried there. Remember she may have come from an adjoining village in North Nottinghamshire and been buried there.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline KLM

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 July 14 14:43 BST (UK) »
I have been unable to find the required data.
The burial does not appear in the NBI.However,Charles was living in Bawtry with his wife and daughter,also Henrietta in Church Street in the 1881 census.Charles was BURIED in Bawtry St.Nicholas on 7th October 1887.This delay,perhaps,due to the fact that a coroners inquest was held into the death.Local newspapers might hold a clue.His grave position is shown in grave records from Parish Register as"7th place south of M Brown.New stone north of daughter"He was aged 58
Most Bawtry records are held by Nottinghamshire archives:-
email....archives @nottscc.gov.uk
internet....www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/archives.
I hope this helps.
Malone...Cheshire & Lancashire.Boswell...Bucks and Hunts.Lister...Yorkshire and Lancashire.

Offline KLM

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 July 14 16:53 BST (UK) »
I have been unable to find the required data.
The burial does not appear in the NBI.However,Charles was living in Bawtry with his wife and daughter,also Henrietta in Church Street in the 1881 census.Charles was BURIED in Bawtry St.Nicholas on 7th October 1887.This delay,perhaps,due to the fact that a coroners inquest was held into the death.Local newspapers might hold a clue.His grave position is shown in grave records from Parish Register as"7th place south of M Brown.New stone north of daughter"He was aged 58
Most Bawtry records are held by Nottinghamshire archives:-
email....archives @nottscc.gov.uk
internet....www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/archives.
I hope this helps.
Malone...Cheshire & Lancashire.Boswell...Bucks and Hunts.Lister...Yorkshire and Lancashire.

Offline KLM

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 16 July 14 16:56 BST (UK) »
Please see my reply sent last Friday.

Offline Ken S

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 20 July 14 18:25 BST (UK) »
 found in Doncaster death records........
  BARKSWORTH F (M) 17 Jan 1893  61 Christ Rd .. 14 mth Broncho Pneumonia / 
  BARKWOOD Esther 17 Feb 1909  74 Copley Rd  58  Rupture of Blood Vessel on brain caused by accidental fall
  BARKWORTH Char Agnes  06 Feb 1916   55 Carr house Rd   74  Mitral disease Pulmonary Oedema
  BARWORTH Edith  20 July 1909  21 St James Terrace  19   Acute Rheumatic Fever Hyperpyrexia

..... and in the burial records for Christ Church (Doncaster) ......
        23rd June 1886  Wallace (son of).. Wallace and Alice Barkworth  35 Union St  Grocer  born Oct 1885.
William Stephenson - born 1814 at Doncaster West Yorkshire - married Mary Scott at Cottingham East Yorkshire (Hull) in 1838. Williams parents I believe were another Wm Stephenson and an Alice Carter - married Cantley Parish W Yorks (Doncaster) in 1811..... Other east riding names are Nicholls (Bridlington, Yorks and Wigan Lancs.) and the surname Withernwick.

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 21 July 14 11:10 BST (UK) »
Ken has jogged my memory; Doncaster FHS has the record book of Doncaster Infirmary from the 19th century.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline scatchardfamily

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 21 July 14 15:05 BST (UK) »
Many thanks to everyone. It is obviously a mystery, where Henrietta is buried. One to work on...