Author Topic: Leeds- Thomas Reynard  (Read 3650 times)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Leeds- Thomas Reynard
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 August 14 08:10 BST (UK) »
As has been indicated, there are several Thomas Reynards around.

How do you know that "your" Thomas (bn 1887) ' s mother was nee Hall? Presumably you havent got a birth cert showing mothers maiden name, as you havent got a definite year for his birth.

Likewise, how do you know the next Thomas's wife was Sarah nee Oakes? Again, have you got a birth cert of a child giving mothers maiden name as Oakes?

You say you are completely sure, but looking at it (and more to the point not seeing these marriages!) It really might be worth going back over it one step at a time.

Do you have your grandfathers's birth cert? That is the starting point (assuming you are sure when he was born, or can find it from his death when you were young). That will give his fathers name and his mothers along with her maiden name. We can then work from there!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cath151

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 07 August 14 08:58 BST (UK) »
Hi,
there is a tree on ancestry that has most of what of what we ve found, I take it it is your tree.
Is it just Thomas Reynard born c1849 that you are looking for?
Cathy
Sinnock/Sinnicks...Brighton,Greenwich.
Clements,Coles,Mc Donagh,Rock

Census InformationCrown Copyright from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 07 August 14 11:43 BST (UK) »
It would be so helpful if Thomas b c 1849 had ever married.  It looks as though the family headed by him in 1891 is likely to have been a mix of his children with Martha and hers from the Crampton marriage.

Rough suggested chronology here, building on what's been found:

1849 (Dec qtr): Thomas Reynard b Bradford (only a possible - 1891 census says 32 born Leeds)
1855: Martha Ann Hall born, Leeds, to Isaac and Sarah.  Born 29 Apr; baptised 23 Sep, St Peter, Leeds.
1874: Martha Ann Hall (father: Isaac Hall, excavator) marries Joseph Crampton, St Peter, Leeds on 7 Feb
1875: Lily Crampton born, Leeds (with dad Joseph Crampton in 1891)
1878: Sarah Ann Crampton born, Bramley/Wortley (with Joseph Crampton in 1891)
1880: Ada Crampton born, Bramley/Wortley (with the Reynards in 1891)
1881: The Cramptons are in Wortley: Joseph, Martha Ann, Lily, Sarah Ann and baby Ada
1882: Margaret Hannah Reynard born, Leeds
1884: Florence Reynard born, Leeds
1887: Thomas Reynard born, Ashton (mmn Hall, per CheshireBMD)
1889: Albert Reynard born, Ashton (mmn Hall).  Born 25 Feb, baptised St John, Hurst on 1 May.
1891: Thomas Reynard and Martha Ann living as though married in Ashton, with Ada and younger children.
1891: Joseph Crampton is in Leeds, still "married" but no wife.  Lily and Sarah Ann are with him.
1892: Louie Reynard born, Ashton (mmn Hall).  Born 11 May; baptised at St John, Hurst on 1 June.
1899: Elsie Reynard born, Mossley (mmn Hall).
1900 (Mar qtr): Joseph Crampton dies in Leeds aged 50.
1900 (Sep qtr): Thomas Reynard dies in Ashton aged 51.
1901: Martha Ann Crampton (a widow - father: Isaac Hall, navvy, decd) marries Thomas Harris, 31 Mar, St Michael's Westgate Common (Wakefield).
1902: Elsie Reynard dies aged 2, Wakefield.  Buried Alverthorpe.
1904: Margaret Reynard marries, Alverthorpe.

Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline HannahLaura

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 26 September 14 09:54 BST (UK) »
Well thanks for sending me notifications that people replied to this thread roots chat.

That aside, that you all for replying.
Here's what I have:

Thomas Reynard
Born Jun 1887 in Ashton Under Lyme, Lancashire
Died Jun 1936 in Leeds North, Yorkshire West Riding, England

He definitely married Sarah Ann Oakes, I have her birth certificate and their wedding certificate, and various other documents that verify her place in the family. Although he was first married to an Augusta Birkinshaw but she died in 1924, about 10 years after they married.

I then have his father, Thomas Reynard
Born about 1849 in Leeds, Yorkshire
Died July 1900 in Ashton Under Lyne, Lancashire

Married to a Martha Ann Hall, born 29 Apr 1855 in Leeds, Yorkshire, I have found her parents but no mention of this Crampton although I have got an Ada as their eldest daughter having Reynard as her surname as opposed to Crampton. I don't have a Sarah Ann or a Lily as part of the Reynard family. This is really interesting. I'll have to investigate this Crampton link.

Still no sign of this mother or father though. A very mysterious family indeed. All my other roots were so much easier to discover and verify.

Thank you all for your help, sorry I didn't reply earlier.

Reynard, Lee, Oak(e)s, Gledhill

Offline martynback

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 17 June 19 07:14 BST (UK) »
Hello

I just replied to a thread by Lesley Hannah (is she your sister?) regarding Charles Crampton in Leicester.

I am his great-great nephew (his brother's daughter Elsie was my paternal grandmother).

Would love to share any info on the Cramptons that might interest you.

Looking forward to your reply

Martyn Back