Author Topic: Simkiss/Humphreyson/Rowley/Tolley - Pattingham  (Read 19478 times)

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Simkiss/Humphreyson/Rowley/Tolley - Pattingham
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 07 May 09 20:35 BST (UK) »
Hiya Elaine

Welcome from me too

I have been busy tracing my Beard side so I haven't done a lot on this side. I will have to pull my finger out lol

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline truebritmega

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 08 May 09 23:44 BST (UK) »
I had slipped lately with my tolleys too, thats the one problem im finding now with the trees, new leads come so oft on other tree lines that we end up slipping out of one and into another, Im surrently trying to tackle My trickiest line, the Smiths of Bilston (the tolleys are from that line too)

But yes, I have a John Tolley who appears to be the father of my thomas tolley of Pattingham (1837)
John and Susannah would be my...  grt x 3, or is it 4... grand parents and from this thread it appears Susannah is.. Susannah Humphreyson (I keep having to look to check how to spell that name LOL)
Smith, Tolley, Griffiths,
Monaghan, Richards, Clark, Clarke,
Brazier, Filben, Fibben,Filbin
Sherdon, Churden,Sheldon
Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, Bilston, Kent, London, Middlesex

Offline truebritmega

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 08 May 09 23:50 BST (UK) »
and yes, welcome to Rootschat Elaine, nice to meet a new cousin!!LOL
Sherdon, Churden,Sheldon

Offline Den

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 07 July 09 08:37 BST (UK) »
I have these Pattingham Tolleys on my tree, I'm connected by the Russells and Inetts:

Descendants of John Tolley

Generation No. 1

1.  JOHN1 TOLLEY was born Abt. 1823 in Pattingham, Staffordshire.  He married ESTHER UNKNOWN.  She was born Abt. 1827 in Seisdon, Staffordshire.

Child of JOHN TOLLEY and ESTHER UNKNOWN is:
   i.   LUCY2 TOLLEY, b. Abt. 1849, Worfield, Shropshire; d. Aft. 1911; m. THOMAS RUSSELL, Abt. Dec 1907, Wolverhampton, Staffordshire; b. 1841, Pattingham, Staffordshire; d. Aft. 1911.

Notes for THOMAS RUSSELL:
Straw dealer in 1891 census. Shoemaker, the son of Thomas Russell at Rock Cottage, High Street. When Jane and Thomas married, they lived at 53 High Street, next to the Congregational Chapel, and later moved to the High Street cottages next to Broadwell Lane. Recorded in 1901 census as a farmer and widower aged 59, with his daughter, son-in-law and their 13-day old son Edward Thomas Gittins living with him at "The Village".

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 21 July 10 23:24 BST (UK) »
I think I've had a breakthrough!

Off the IGI baptism 12.8.1804 at Sedgley of Henry Simkins son of Jacob and Sarah

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline truebritmega

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 22 July 10 00:58 BST (UK) »
well done Willow!! (tho to be honest, its beena  while since ive been in the tolley line and i forget whos who lol )
Sherdon, Churden,Sheldon

Offline grem yn y rhondda

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 23 January 11 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Fascinating to read all these posts.  I wonder if anyone can help with a query.  3 brothers in my family lived in The Clive, Pattingham and all 3 moved to West Bromwich as young men about 1650.  Why?

Their parents had died and I always assumed it was the Legge family at Patshull who also owned land in West Bromwich and Legges asked them to go over there to work for them.  They were nailers, buckle makers and also had a bit of land in WB.

But I have just spotted that the Legges did not come to Pattingham till 19th century when they bought estate off the Pigots who bought it off Astleys in 1765. 

So back to Square One.  Can anybody suggest a link between Pattingham and West Bromwich in about 1650? ???

Offline truebritmega

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 15 May 14 14:48 BST (UK) »
grrrr lol... been a while since Ive looked at my tolleys.. but now I have come back to them im getting annoyed w myself!! I cant see to see Thomas Tolley (b 1892 Bilston) on any census!!! The reason im re looking is I think i just came across a millitary record for him

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Sherdon, Churden,Sheldon