Author Topic: Silas Caddick  (Read 13022 times)

Offline odbsmith

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Silas Caddick
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 06 May 14 18:44 BST (UK) »
Hi, not at home - away for a funeral and not back till next Tuesday and don't have cert with me, so once I'm back will let you Know. regards Debbie
Hudman, Souch, Grinyer, King, Nightingale, Sandoz, Gateley, Findley

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 07 May 14 12:56 BST (UK) »
Ok I suspect that Silas is a son of the Silas born c1800 but have yet to prove this and the Silas on the 1881 census is his nephew not son as stated

Unfortunately I think the only way you are going to crack this is by buying the 1865 certificate for Sarah and the 1843 one for Silas

Speak when you get back

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline odbsmith

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 14 May 14 11:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Willow, now back at home -- yes it was the 1864 cert. will order others soon, but not today -- unpacking to do and several items of junk, sorry -- family heirlooms  -- that I couldn't get out of the house without!! Consolidated a few family " tales"!    and  came home with stiff neck due to strange bed!! regards Debbie

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 14 May 14 14:21 BST (UK) »
Ok will catch up later

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline odbsmith

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 16 May 14 12:01 BST (UK) »
Have ordered the 1865 cert for Sarah and the one for Silas, hope they will be positive!

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 16 May 14 12:08 BST (UK) »
Cant wait!  ;D

its really bugging me now tried everything I can think of to locate Silas in earlier census

Willow x

Offline odbsmith

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 16 May 14 13:39 BST (UK) »
Me too, also Almelia, Silas and Jesse who appear on 1881 census.

Offline odbsmith

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 23 May 14 12:17 BST (UK) »
Yipee they have arrived!!
Sarah born 13th july 1865 father Silas Caddick, mother Elizabeth, formally Walker, Grove street, Wolverhampton East. father was Journeyman cabinet locksmith.

Silas born 24 july 1843 father Isaac Caddick, mother Sarah, formally Fellows, Princess Alley or street, Wolverhampton East. Father was Varnish  maker.

will have proper search later , but at present still struggling to find Silas on census!!

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 23 May 14 14:59 BST (UK) »
Well I have found one of his brothers but having no joy with the census at the moment

18.7.1870 St Marks Wolverhampton Edward Caddock 25 bachelor cabinet maker of Bennetts Fold father Isaac Craddock varnish maker to Elizabeth Bayliss 23 of Bennetts Fold father Thomas Bayliss witnesses Elizabeth and James Walker brides father deceased (Elizabeth Walker might be the wife of Silas)

The only Isaac married to Sarah living in Wolverhampton in 1851 was born 1798 and Sarah was born 1800 which would make Silas a late baby but they do have a son called Edward aged 4 which would fit with the above information but he would have been born when Sarah was 46/7! I wonder if her age is wrong? They have a son called David aged 6 - could this be Silas?

HO107/2018/583/15

Willow x