Author Topic: Joseph Furnival & Ellen Summerfield - Cheshire?  (Read 7253 times)

Offline Captain2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Dear Grandma
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Furnival & Ellen Summerfield - Cheshire?
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 09 July 13 18:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you Christian, I shall  PM you with the details that I have for Sarah Ann.

HARE - Taunton, Somerset  COOKSON - London ANDREWS - PLANE & PARKER -Peckham
HYDE - Berkshire - Australia/CLEMENTS - Berkshire
WOODLEY - Berkshire - Oxfordshire
GARRETT Bradford Abbas, Dorset
SMITH - Islington, Holborn, London
TROAKE - Devon - ADAMS - Devon/Somerset
WINNEY - Berkshire/Oxfordshire
EASTERSON - Kent  BURLINGHAM - Oxfordshire
LYONS & CURTIS - Berkshire

Offline Gazfurn

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 09 September 13 14:50 BST (UK) »
Wow !  Thank you so much  :) 

Looks like Ellen may have died having her second child John Henry, I thought that she may have, so many thanks for finding her.  I think I should perhaps get the marriage cert for Joseph & Ellen in 1870 this is then going to give me the details for Joseph and his father.  This will hopefully then lead to either a second marriage ( possibly to Sarah) or maybe even the death reg. that Phil found.   
Thank you again everyone for your input, a special thanks to Isobelruss, I shall order the cert and see where I need to head for the next step....

Hi,
   I have read your posts with interest, and have a copy of the marriage certificate between Joseph Furnivall and Ellen Summerfield. It states that Joseph`s father was James Furnival (deceased).

Gary

Offline Captain2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Dear Grandma
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 09 September 13 15:56 BST (UK) »
Hello Gary and a very warm welcome to Rootschat  :)  Well.. that is interesting.  I wonder whether the Joseph that married Ellen Summerfield was indeed the same Joseph that married Sarah? I had wondered if there were two Joseph's ?   Joseph is a mystery.  I wonder who James Furnival is?  I know that Joseph is the son of Sarah Furnival as he is with her in the census and I can find no trace of a marriage for Sarah so pressumed that Joseph is illegitimate, however I cannot find a suitable birth registration for him ?   I wonder whether he took the name James for his father's name from James Evans who the family lived with?  Lots of questions, but no definate answers.  I do have quite a bit of information for his mother Sarah-Ann which I would be happy to share

Kind Regards

Angie
HARE - Taunton, Somerset  COOKSON - London ANDREWS - PLANE & PARKER -Peckham
HYDE - Berkshire - Australia/CLEMENTS - Berkshire
WOODLEY - Berkshire - Oxfordshire
GARRETT Bradford Abbas, Dorset
SMITH - Islington, Holborn, London
TROAKE - Devon - ADAMS - Devon/Somerset
WINNEY - Berkshire/Oxfordshire
EASTERSON - Kent  BURLINGHAM - Oxfordshire
LYONS & CURTIS - Berkshire

Offline Christian B

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 09 September 13 16:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Gary,

Interesting stuff!

However, I think Angie might have it. There's little doubt that Joseph was illegitimate - we have Sarah Ann's tapestry she made when she was 12 years old and it is marked "Sarah Ann Furnival". Joseph's illegitimacy was always known by my family (i.e. the descendants of Joseph and Sarah Jane).

Keep that precious document safe!!!

Best wishes,

Christian