Author Topic: Mackintosh, Inverness  (Read 16923 times)

Offline kerima

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mackintosh, Inverness
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 03 November 11 08:00 GMT (UK) »
hi annabanna thanks for your info. i now know duncan and ann mackintosh are my great grandparents.
my only sadness is that my mum betty mackintosh is no longer with us to find all this out.
she mentioned lots of names that are comming up but never knew who they really were, because she was illigitimate it was all brushed under the carpet ,and not spoken about.
i do know one thing for certain Isabella mackintosh was a wonderful mother to her and she loved her dearly. thankyou so much for your reply :)

Offline anabanana

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 03 November 11 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi kerima....I can totally empathise, I have struggled tracking down illusive fathers of illegitimate children in my family tree.  a good source can be kirk session records.  it's strange that birth certificates of even the legitimate children in the MacKintosh tree are hard to track down. Could only find births for two of Duncan and Ann's children...

Kindest regards,

A

Offline kerima

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 04 November 11 18:39 GMT (UK) »
hi does anyone out there know or remember my mother betty mackintosh from the ship inn invergordon?
she was born in 1927 and went to the local school, she left invergordon in 1944/45 when isabella mackintosh died. look forward to hearing from you kerima :)

Offline Lisanne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 19 November 11 16:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kerima
Did Isabella Mackintosh adopt your mum? Isabella must have been 65 when your mum was born. Do you know if or how your mum's birth mother was related to Isabella? I think that in the past informal adoptions were sometimes arranged within families.
You will probably have gathered from my posts that I'm a great great granddaughter of Duncan Mackintosh/Ann McPhee.
I'm happy to share info with you.
Best wishes
Lisanne

Offline kerima

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 25 November 11 20:39 GMT (UK) »
hi lisanne.
my mother was not adopted as far as i know, isabella frazer, my mothers real mum was related to isabella mackintosh. 
isabella mackintosh was my mothers great aunt, her sister was isabella frazer mother. i do not know what isabella frazers mothers name was it could have been ann mackintosh.
its all been very vague to us my mother did not speak about it much, in her day it was all kept hush hush if you were illigitimate.
i would love a photo of isabella mackintosh my mother did not have one. i know richard mellon was her real son, my mother spoke about this, she did recieve xmas cards from him some years ago.
there were no photos of my mother as a child either, she spoke of friends she went to school with, one name cropped up a lot   Ben Delgarno. apparently his father had a shop in invergordon.
anything you could tell me about my mother would be wonderful, she told me her real dad was a russian jewish sailor  i suppose we will never know the truth about that,
thanks so much for getting in touch with me we are obviously related, but im confused as to how lol,. : :)

Offline Lisanne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 26 November 11 01:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kerima
Isabella Mackintosh would have been my mother's great aunt too. I think that makes us something like 3rd cousins. I remember my mother telling me that her Aunt Ina used to talk of her Auntie Belle (Isabella) and of her cousins, the Frasers. My mother never met any of these people though as they lived in a different part of the country. Isabella Fraser may have been the daughter of Georgina Fraser nee Mackintosh and William Fraser. However, this could only be the case if Isabella Fraser was born pre August 1896 as Georgina died then aged 43. I believe they had quite a large family but 4 of their children died in early childhood.
Lisanne

Offline kerima

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 28 November 11 18:54 GMT (UK) »
hi lisanne
isabella fraser was my mothers real mother, the date you said could be correct.
the frasers and mackintoshes must have loved children, as im the youngest of 8 children, my mother betty mackintosh  has 4 sons and 4 daughters!! im the youngest im 44 years old. the oldest is my brother john, he is 62. we all live in england, but we are dotted around the country. but mainly derbyshire. i have a boy and girl of my own. my daughter is moving to live in edinburgh in january.
so your mother is my mothers 1st cousin? is your mother a mackintosh? was your mothers father richard melon or was it her grandfather, im getting cofused ???  ??? lovely to hear from you.

Offline teenlebean

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 14 January 14 09:43 GMT (UK) »
Lisanne, I seem to be unable to send you a private message "an error has occurred"!   I wonder if you could inbox me as I think I have some info for you and vice versa.
Thanks

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 14 January 14 13:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Teenlebean , welcome to RootsChat  :)

You'll need to post 3 times before you can use the Personal Message system -
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Just add a couple of posts to this thread.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records