Author Topic: pauper burials Southend Argyll  (Read 8383 times)

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: pauper burials Southend Argyll
« Reply #9 on: Friday 24 October 14 23:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Iain
Sorry for delayed reply.  Had a lot to deal with personally. Yes, l am a member of The Kintyre Forum. Excellent site with lots of information.
Thank you for your input. On with the hunt!
Lloyd/Cheshire. Lloyd Halkyn Flint. Lloyd/Llangwyfan. Hughes/Lancashire .Fulton/Lancashire and Scotland.Hendy+Cox+Binner/Devon.Brazier/Kent.Collins+Tribbett/Wiltshire.

Offline jillwelsh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 03 January 16 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi there - we've probably been in touch before but I haven't done much on this line in years as Thomas Conner's Irish birthplace was one of my brick walls!  Just wondered if you'd found out any more on this?  I had always thought it would have been somewhere on the north coast of Ireland due to the proximity to Southend and the Ballycastle ferry.  Did you find out more about the medal?Thomas was my gt-gt-gt grandfather through his son Charles Conner; his son Alexander Conner and his daughter Jean Conner (my grandmother).
Jill

Offline Kira

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 January 16 03:21 GMT (UK) »
No updates on this relative. As l believe, they died as paupers, so there isn't much to go on. Pity, as Thomas Connor lived 'til 90! You thought he would have any kind of paperwork. Maybe newspapers may have something. Will keep you posted Jill.
Lovely to make contact again.
Lloyd/Cheshire. Lloyd Halkyn Flint. Lloyd/Llangwyfan. Hughes/Lancashire .Fulton/Lancashire and Scotland.Hendy+Cox+Binner/Devon.Brazier/Kent.Collins+Tribbett/Wiltshire.