Author Topic: dennis murphy and catherine mcnally  (Read 5704 times)

Offline Mary Connolly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
dennis murphy and catherine mcnally
« on: Wednesday 20 March 13 10:34 GMT (UK) »
Dennis Murphy and Catherine Mcnally had a daughter born in Carlow lieghlinbridge. Her was was Mary Anne. She was born July 1838.  She came to Australia and was married to George Ah Pan in 1857.I am looking for information about her parents and if there are any siblings.
some of the siblings may have been blind or Catherine might have been As the family has LHON passed on by the female to both male and females.
Thank you for your interesrt

Offline Mary Connolly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Lebers hereditary optic neuropathy
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 July 13 07:44 BST (UK) »
I am looking for people in Ireland who may have this condition. It is in my family in Australia and we are lead to believe it came down through our maternal grandmother X 4 living in Ireland. My grand mother great X3 came to Australia and married. Her daughter is my grandmother x2 she had a large family with a number of the children having this disorder. It has been passed on since then.

The people I am interested are Denis Murphy  and Catherine McNally . They had a daughter named Mary Ann born in leighlinbridge Carlow in July 1838, This information came from her marriage certificate in Australia 1856. We have no other information of her family and would love to find our relatives.
Thank you
Mary Connolly

Moderator Note : Merged with existing topic

Offline noland01

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: dennis murphy and catherine mcnally
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 July 13 21:06 BST (UK) »
Hi
Don't know anything re. that particular family but if she was born in Leighlinbridge at that time then the parish office there might be worth a ring or email. A year or two ago I had a query and found them very helpful. Called down there a couple of times(only live a few miles away) and looked through the transcripts of the baptismal records. Also got to look at the original books. One lady I was talking to on the phone rang me back with a list of all the children born to a particular couple including baptismal dates etc.
Contact details are;

Email:leighlinparish[ at ]gmail.com

http://www.leighlinparish.ie/
McDonnell McDonald Gorman Cronley Colman Deegan Dunne Maher Dempsey Conlon Griffin Bergin Lalor Keys Bonham Brennan Hart(Laois) Nolan Byrne O Byrne Brady Mullen Hanaway Brennan Keeffe Reddy (Carlow)
O'Neill Doyle Donnelly Devlin  (Tyrone) Connor, Burbidge,McNally (Dublin)Hannon McCarthy (Tipperary)Healy Miley Treacy (Wicklow)Kelly (Kildare)

Offline Mary Connolly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 July 13 04:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for your in insights, I will give it a try.
Regards mary

Offline Mary Connolly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 July 13 09:20 BST (UK) »
Hi
Don't know anything re. that particular family but if she was born in Leighlinbridge at that time then the parish office there might be worth a ring or email. A year or two ago I had a query and found them very helpful. Called down there a couple of times(only live a few miles away) and looked through the transcripts of the baptismal records. Also got to look at the original books. One lady I was talking to on the phone rang me back with a list of all the children born to a particular couple including baptismal dates etc.
Contact details are;

Email:leighlinparish[ at ]gmail.com

http://www.leighlinparish.ie/

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 May 15 10:56 BST (UK) »
Hi, saw your post and thought this might help.

Marriage:

22 June 1836
Leighlinbridge,county Carlow
Denis Murphy
rel:Roman Catholic
Catherine MacNally
address:Leighlin
witnesses:John Brenan & Anne Doyle

Births:

Gerald Murphy
baptism:30 April 1837
place:Leighlinbridge
sponsors:Thomas Costello & Mary Cashin

Mary Murphy
baptism:9 September 1838
sponsors:James Brenan & Elizabeth Brien

Honor Murphy
addrerss:Leighlin
baptism: 21 July 1841
sponsors:Thomas Nail & Elizabeth Dunpey

Patrick Murphy
address:Ballenocken
baptism:20 November 1842
sponsors:Joseph Tuite & Mary MacNally

These are the only four children I could find to Denis & Catherine (McNally)Murphy. After Patrick was born they may have immigrated. I found a baptism for Denis Murphy on 30 January 1815 in Tinryland,co Carlow to Denis Murphy & Eleanor Gaynor. The only way to know if this is the correct one is to find a death cert for Denis & check the parents. As for Catherine, there are too many births, so you would need further identifying info to narrow down which cert may be hers.Hope this helps,Kim