Author Topic: Lillian Clare Perry  (Read 2936 times)

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Lillian Clare Perry
« on: Sunday 10 August 14 14:37 BST (UK) »
Hi!
All thoughts and suggestions please.

I am searching for my Grandfather's half sister.Her name on the birth cert. was Lilian Perry Clare.
Birth registered in 1866 in Watlington County of Oxford.
Here after it gets very complicated!
Her mother is on the birth cert. as Mary Sarah Sissons formerly Park (crossed through) then Percy is written. She claims the child's father is James William Parker.He never appears and there is no evidence of a marriage.

The family are missing from the 1871 census.
(More complications!)

After many months of searching I found the family In Watlington Oxfordshire.
Father's name should be John Perry but recorded as Samuel Percy
Wife as Louisa Percy should be Louisa Perry
Daughter Anne Parker
Daughter Emily Percy ( Emily Imison is the illegitimate daughter of John Perry)
Daughter Alice Percy    Alice      "                    "                "             "       "
Lilian Parker Grandaughter of Samuel who is John !
Matilda Imison Servant. She is the mother of the illegitimate girls Alice and Emily and turns up on other census records living with the family!
The ages and places of birth are all correct.

Lillian turns up in the 1881 census and 1891 census.Then she disappears until 1911 when she is married to Albert Edward Deadman and living in Hambledon Hants..I sent for the marriage cert. all correct. They are both living in 20 Amity Street Reading on the wedding cert.. The two witnesses have the same address on the 1901 census but Albert and Lillian are no where to be found.
I have tried links to other family members,different names,etc etc. I can not find them in the 1901 census. At this point they were not married  but I tried married name too.

Please has any one got any suggestions as where they might be?
I can't think they were abroad as she was a milliner living with her Aunt who she thinks is her sister and he is an AG.Lab. in 1911 census!

Thank you for reading this ramble !  I have become like a dog with a bone!

I'd just love to know where she is in 1901. ??? ??? ???

Miggs. :)
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Davies Islington & Aberystwyth
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth
Bohane , Killaderry Skibbereen ,Cork

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: Lillian Clare Perry
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 August 14 15:04 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Let's set out some facts  ;)

Did she die in Petersfield Hampshire in 1938?

This is her marriage as Lilian Clara PERRY. What does the cert tell you about her dad,and who were the witnesses?

Marriages Sep 1902 

Deadman    Albert Edward        Reading    2c   775    
Perry    Lillian Clara         Reading    2c   775    
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 August 14 15:53 BST (UK) »
Hi there thanks for replying. :)

That's her!

She was born as Lilian Perry Clare .Perry is her grandfather's surname and Clare is the surname of the Devizes coroner from whom they inherited money !

Her mother Mary Sarah Sissons Parker formally Percy (info from birth cert) was born in Devizes in 1848.( Real name Mary Sarah Sissons Perry later to become Banks) I believe she never married James William Parker whom she records as the father. (Mary Sarah Sissons Perry went on to marry John Biggs Banks )

Lilian was with her mother and then with her half aunt in varying census records.There are references to her in wills etc.

By the time she is married Sept 20th 1902 aged 35 she has recorded John Perry as her deceased father ,a farmer !

The witnesses were Ellen Mary Wilkins .In the 1901 census living at 20 Amity Street and Joshua Buckle of the same address.However,in 1901 neither Lilian or Albert are living there.

There are many issues over the decades where various family members change names and make declarations to solicitors to try and "get their hands on the money".

Any ideas as to where she could be in 1901.

As you can see I have her birth cert and marriage cert. and death record as Lilian C.Deadman aged 71 Petersfield Vol 2c p238. Census of 1911 shows her living in West End Hambledon Hants (giving correct age and place of birth.

Thank you  :) :) :) :)
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 March 15 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Add on,
Now know that the father William James Parker appears to be using an assumed name as did the mother ! Found an indenture where it refers to William James Perry ,cousin ! There are varying documents where Mary Sarah Sissons Perry swears she is a spinster etc ! Can some one tell me please was there a 'system ' where if someone had been missing for seven years he could be declared dead ?
There are lots of bits of info prior to her inheriting large amounts of money and land swearing who she is and her state of marriage. Later she leaves £300 to Lilian and marries someone else. All rather odd.
Should I be looking for a declaration saying this William was dead ?( we know a cousin was declared dead having jumped ship off the Port of Natal and presumed eaten by sharks !) I'm wondering if this could be him.
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth