Author Topic: NORTHWICH  (Read 10215 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: NORTHWICH
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 May 11 22:44 BST (UK) »
I am glad I could help :)
I wouldnt jump to conclusions yet as to Edwins Father as he may have been illegitimate and Thomas Clark his Father. They may have Married later.
Firstly we need to find when William Freeman died.
I'll see what else I can find tonight and then if unsuccessful you may need the Birth Cert of Edwin.

Hi Allan,
The reason I didnt put the address is I couldnt make it out;
Out Lane, Pith Lane, Push Lane, Beck Lane??? Anyhow next Street is Island Farm Lane.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Annielaurie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 30 May 11 08:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish,
Thanks for the advice...I am so grateful for your research results.I am still astonished how you came up with those facts though....and thrilled to bits too.
Regards
Annielaurie

Hi Allan,
Thank you for your kind offer to help. I did get in touch with the local History Society by you for the local churches and have been through all the baptisms in the area under the name of Edwin Clarke and drew a blank so now I know why....He was born as Edwin Freeman!!

I have only been on Rootschat for just over a day and look at the results...absolutely wonderful.Thank you.

Regards
Annielaurie

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 30 May 11 09:44 BST (UK) »
Hiya Annie
1848 june qtr FREEMAN Edwin   West Derby    20  1511
this is Edwins registered birth on www.freebmd.org.uk   in case you don`t know,West Derby is a district office for registering births in certain parts of Liverpool
allan ;)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Annielaurie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 30 May 11 16:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Allan.
Thanks for your help.
I will send for Edwin's birth cert and see what comes back.
Thanks again
Regards
Annielaurie

Offline Annielaurie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 06 June 11 19:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish,Hi Allan,

Thank you both for your previous advice.
I have now got Edwin Freemans birth cert and it shows Mother as Alice Freeman and no mention of a maiden name and no mention of a Father either.

I suppose he must have been illegitimate as it would have shown Alice's Husband William Freeman as Father(deceased) on the birth cert.
Why do you think there is no mention of her maiden name on cert when she was married to William Freeman in 1844?
The only death I could find for a William Freeman was in 1849!!!
Any help or advice would be appreciated.Thank you.
Annielaurie

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 06 June 11 20:06 BST (UK) »
Hiya Annielaurie....does it say Wavertree on Edwins Birth Certificate ?

allan
added...it`s OK...I have found him...yes he was born in Garston , so the birth cert should say registered Wavertree ...well...I say that , my g grandfathers did b 1877...1844 I am not so sure
on the 1881 census he is a Butcher with wife Annie and 5 children...I presume you have this ?...he kept the name Clarke
allan
added again ...wife was Ann Roberts ...and they married in St Peter ,Liverpool
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Annielaurie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 06 June 11 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Allan
Yes it does say  Edwin was registered in Wavertree .Born 10th May 1848 Out lane Garston.It looks like 4 am under date and above address but couldnt find any trace of a twin so might be something else like house /cottage number.
Just dont know how to take this back further...but I am waiting for marriage cert of His Mother Alice nee Croft and William Freeman.
How do I start a new thread as all this is under Northwich and it might not have anything to do with Thomas Clarke of Northwich??Also the only way I can get into Rootschat is via googleing thomas clarke etc....what am  I doing wrong please??
Regards
Annielaurie

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 06 June 11 21:25 BST (UK) »
I will ask JD Gen to move it to Lancashire board and for advice on the Thread title...if you want to do it yourself -
look above your last post where it says Northwich and above that it says Cheshire...next to Cheshire in blue writing it says
Moderator JDGen ....click on this blue JDGen and you will see you can send her a PM...Personal Message...ask her advice on a new Thread title and ask her to move it to Lancashire Board for you....www.rootschat.com id the homepage  then you should see a box that says  " enter chat " ...so click on that box  and you will see
Beginners as the first thread
scroll down and you will see English Counties ....amongst these Counties you will seeCheshire ...which this thread is on ....and Lancashire ...click on Lancashire when JDGen has moved it...I will let you know
allan ;)

Offline Annielaurie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 06 June 11 21:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks Allan...very much appreciated.
Regards
Annielaurie