Author Topic: Roach /Roche and McHale  (Read 8267 times)

Offline NancyR

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Roach /Roche and McHale
« Reply #9 on: Monday 17 February 14 19:31 GMT (UK) »
My dad's mom was from Derryhick,  Parke Parish /Turlough. Name was Honor Roach, born in 1879 and died in Stoneham, Ma, USA  in 1966. Her parents were Honor Michael (1841) and Thomas Roache. She has several brothers and a sister  Myles (1867), Patrick(1869), Bridget (1872), Thomas (1874) and John (1883).  I am pretty sure Thomas went to England and married Ann Turner, John stayed in Derryhick and married Ellen Murphy and my Nana went to USA. and married another Roche ( Michael from Cork). I have very little info on Patrick and Bridget. I see Patrick in the 1901 Census - living with his parents, Bridget and John. I see a 1911 census with a Patrick but rather than Pontoon, it is says Strade..Honor is living with him along with Kate ( no idea ) and Bridget. Dob is wrong for Bridget but she is the age of Kate - and I am wondering if that could be a mistake with the census. I also read somewhere that Myles was convicted of manslaughter (wife) in England. He was an innkeeper at the CastleArms in Kelloe...I can not tell if this is accurate - as i can;t find Myles going to England but I can find info that Thomas was at marriage and his parents names were Honor and Thomas - so I think that must be him. I did find a drunk and disorderly in 1905 near Derryhick of Myles ( but he should have been in England at time). Any help, I would appreciate.  Thank You, Nancy

Offline Derryhick

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Roach /Roche and McHale
« Reply #10 on: Monday 05 June 23 22:18 BST (UK) »
Hi.  This is a very delayed response,  but I wondered how your quest went. My grandmother is from Derryhick, Parke. She was borne in 1899 and is from a well established family there McHale, the youngest of many... the area has many relations and her home is still in the family. 
If you would like to contact me you can all though you may already have finished your search by now.