Author Topic: Roots Ireland.ie ?  (Read 3054 times)

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Roots Ireland.ie ?
« on: Monday 03 March 14 06:58 GMT (UK) »
I have found a death record for Dominick Burke aged 97 years died 1890 Mayo. It is on Roots Ireland.ie if I buy credits what information would I find on this record Thanks Lynette  :)
Peter Burke father Dominick Burke wife Bridget Bagley son James Burke wife Lucy Dyke County Mayo Coventry England Australia . Grant ,Snell,Diggins , Burton, James Frederick Elmore /Elmer , Alfred James Bailey , Julia Elmore , Pierson

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Roots Ireland.ie ?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 March 14 09:01 GMT (UK) »
If it is a burial record you will get, some or all of the following:
the date of death; date of burial; name; address (not necessarily his home but where he was buried from), cemetery

If it is a transcription of a death record you will get
the date of death; full name; the address where he died (not necessarily his home); the cause of death; and the informant

The death was recorded and is the reference is: LINK
If you order a photocopy (€4 from the GRO in Roscommon) you will receive a copy of the actual entry; this can be more useful than a transcription
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 March 14 10:03 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou I will give it a try I have never been able to find much on my Great Great Grandfather Dominick. I only know he was listed as a labourer on his son Peters marriage. Peter was born about 1818 in County Mayo and married in the Roman Catholic Chapel Coventry and lived in Coventry England. Take Care Lynette
Peter Burke father Dominick Burke wife Bridget Bagley son James Burke wife Lucy Dyke County Mayo Coventry England Australia . Grant ,Snell,Diggins , Burton, James Frederick Elmore /Elmer , Alfred James Bailey , Julia Elmore , Pierson

Offline GeriK64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 April 14 12:41 BST (UK) »

Hi Lyn22,

I came accross this if its any help to you.

Dominick Burke
Estimated Birth Year: 1793
Date of Registration: 1890 - Oct-Nov-Dec
Death Age: 97
Registration district: Westport

Geri.  8)

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 24 April 14 03:50 BST (UK) »
Thank you GeriK64 for your help it is such a great age 97 to live to. Take Care Lynette