Author Topic: Fleming family  (Read 2397 times)

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fleming family
« on: Wednesday 05 March 14 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi,am looking to trace Fleming family of Rocksborough North/Claremorris/Castlereagh areas. I am looking for information about Edward Fleming who was born about 1815 and died in Castlereagh townland in 1902.He was married to Ellen/Eleanor Slattery but I do not know when(about 1858ish) and have no info about her at all. They had quite a few children-Anne,Mary,Ellen,Bridget,Edward,Patrick,Martin,John and there may be others I haven't discovered yet.Most of the children went to the US in late 1800s.The only 2 I know that stayed in Ireland were Bridget(who married John Cullina.She died 3 yrs later) and Patrick(who married Maria Flynn of Galway).Patrick and Maria had about 10 children and lived in Claremorris area til Patrick died in 1936.Patrick's father Edward lived with him and wife til he died in 1902.Does anyone have any info about this family? I have checked all online sources with no luck.Even to find where the family is buried would be a help.Any one related?? Any help much appreciated.Kim

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Fleming family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 March 14 18:13 GMT (UK) »

Hi, just wondering if you could give a bit of background about the provenance of your information, eg. is it family anecdote, census records, website transcriptions?

If Edward died in 1902, have you found him on the 1901 Ireland census?

Have you obtained the records for the children born after civil registration? The reason I ask is that familysearch has the following: 

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F52K-761

... yet another website I use is citing the mother's surname as "Malley".

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Fleming family
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 March 14 10:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi,thank you for replying.My info is from birth,baptism,marriage and death certs. I also have info from the 1901 and 1911 census which shows Edward Sr living with his son Patrick,wife Maria and their children in 1901 and he died the following year.I also have the baptisms from Crossboyne/Tagheen church for Edward Jr and Ellen.Martin's birth I have from the vital records office along with other certs of the family. I have looked for other siblings after civil reg in 1864 but the only thing hampering me is that I'm not sure if I know all the siblings,when each was born and there are many and I do not want to spend a fortune to id which are mine.I have tried familysearch with no luck.The mother was definitely Ellen Slattery as it is uniform throughout US and Irish records I have found thus far but, I cannot to save my life find out anything about her nor her life with Edward besides the kids names.Any help really appreciated. Kim