Author Topic: family of Micahel Dean and Mary McMahon  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Louise Dean-Kelly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
family of Micahel Dean and Mary McMahon
« on: Saturday 12 July 14 04:04 BST (UK) »
I beleive my  ancestors left Ireland between 1840 and 1850 and came to the United State through Canada.  I am not sure if they were married n Ireland or Canada>??

I believe they had three children, probably born in Canada before arriving in the US
     James 1843
     Anthony 1845 - my direct ancestor
    Ellen  1847

They  were foud in upsate New York in the 1850 census.

I have no idea how to find out where they atuallly came from in Ireland but an obituary claims they were from county Mayo.   Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

thank you   Louise Dean-Kelly

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: family of Micahel Dean and Mary McMahon
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 July 14 14:30 BST (UK) »
Do you have death certificates for them?  If so, do they have any parents' names?

Offline Louise Dean-Kelly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: family of Micahel Dean and Mary McMahon
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 August 14 00:46 BST (UK) »
We have no names for the parent of either MIchael Dean or Mary McMahon, just a newspaper article of their daughter daeth that states the parents came from the food county Mayo stock!

we believe they came to the UNited Sstates through Canada, in or near Smith Fall Ontario where their first three children were suppose to have been born.

My grandther actually returned there in the 1920'2 and 30's with his team of horses to do logging.

the only other story we have is that they may have been from "Inisfree" but I have no proof but the story to go along with that??

any help or thoughts on how to attack this problem would be greatly appreciated
thanks